Page 161 of 187 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Imodium is notorious for causing cramps, Mr. L.
    Is it? I thought Immodium was supposed to help with cramps.

It helps with diarrhoea, but can actually cause cramps.

Hi Nora, I was already doing everything I thought was right before this pain started - bland foods, IBS meds, trying to relax etc.

I don't want more tests, and the stress of going through them, but I don't know anymore. I've had over 3 months of recurring horrible gut issues, and these recent waves of pain when I'm trying to do help myself just proves that this may not be IBS after all.

Although rare, I've now read that Crohn's CAN start in your upper abdomen - duodenum/stomach area, which is difficult to diagnose, so now I'm thinking I've got that again.

Sighs. I am really fed. Really, really fed up of being in this constant pit of anxiety and recurring symptoms all the time. It was my dad's birthday on Thursday and he'd be turning in his grave knowing I'm going through the same sh*t I went through three years ago.

Yes he would, Mr L..What would he say to you now in your head? My dad would always say to me "Don't buckle" and I try to carry that thought with me when things are tough. Maybe you need to have some conversations with your dad in your mind and just imagine what advice he would give you now?

By the way, NHS 111 is b*ggered for a few days thanks to a glitch in the system. Not that you need their advice.

He’d probably tell me not to be daft or stupid.

I’ve been playing in a fundraiser for cancer in memory of my uncle and father this afternoon, well mainly for pancreatic cancer. And at this very moment I have pancreatic cancer symptoms. Ive been burping all day after food, feeling like theres something in my theoat, feeling sick and again, getting waves of burning pain in my stomach.

If I went to A&E would they do a scan of my abdomen or send me back to my GP? I really think something odd is going on in my stomach.
    When I feel aroubd my sternum area Im sure I can feel aome organ sticking out.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 07-08-22 at 17:23.

I don't doubt you're having symptoms and digestive issues (and the other physical symptoms you've posted about). Its a known fact that stress and anxiety cause real physical symptoms and then add in the behaviors and mental stress of constant rumination and reassurance seeking and it makes it all the worse. I don't suffer as those here do but I've had my share of stressful life events and situations and yeah, I felt it in many ways. But I knew what it was (and still is sometimes) and take the steps necessary to counter it. The FODMAP diet along with a PPI to treat reflux has done wonders for both mine and my wife's digestive issues. As I've said countless times, treat the root of the issue and you treat the symptoms associated with it. This is a mental issue causing and creating physical symptoms. You can throw what you want at the physical symptoms with tests and constant reassurance but that hotbed of anxiety coals is still burning bright and hot (even when you may not be feeling anxious) and all it takes is one dry leaf and poof! You're back in the rabbit hole.

I've posted this on a couple of threads in the last day or so but its relevant here as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    The real issues are not the worries or fears you have but the thought patterns and associated and subsequent behaviors associated with them and the results of that behavior. The real issue is your mental illness. Until that's aggressively addressed, I'm afraid that pattern will just continue to rinse and repeat :(

My daughter posted an interesting insight to the anxious mind... I can only imagine the internal dialogue you and other members experience.

Why people with anxiety have a hard time sleeping:

*Going to bed super early because my depression was being a little bitch and I was worn out*

Anxiety: Hey, here’s all the mistakes you’ve ever made.

Me: Yeah, look I’m human, I have made mistakes. Going over all of them and feeling bad about it will not serve me at all, especially right now when I’m so tired and just want to sleep.

Anxiety: Okay…here’s a list of all the people who secretly hate you.

We all have internal dialogues but those with anxiety and mental illness seem to be like a skipping record or a song on repeat.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    He’d probably tell me not to be daft or stupid.

I’ve been playing in a fundraiser for cancer in memory of my uncle and father this afternoon, well mainly for pancreatic cancer. And at this very moment I have pancreatic cancer symptoms. Ive been burping all day after food, feeling like theres something in my theoat, feeling sick and again, getting waves of burning pain in my stomach.

If I went to A&E would they do a scan of my abdomen or send me back to my GP? I really think something odd is going on in my stomach.
    When I feel aroubd my sternum area Im sure I can feel aome organ sticking out.

Good for you for playing in the fundraiser..They would both be proud of all your efforts.

Of course you have symptoms of pancreatic cancer now. Of course you have perceived pancreatic cancer. Off course you want to rush off to A&E to get a doctor to diagnose you there and then...but maybe you will get a reputation for being a time waster and yet another of the worried well who clog up the system and use up valuable NHS time on non-emergency issues which have already been addressed in primary care but which haven't been believed because the patient knows best..

Your bloods were normal. There was no indication of white blood cell anomalies . There was nothing "remarkable" about your calprotectin even.

What more do you want? You said never again to more tests..Why not ask for some diazepam to calm you down when the surgery opens tomorrow?

Playing football for 90 mins is pretty good going for someone who is "doomed"...isn't it?

Hi Nora, I was already doing everything I thought was right before this pain started - bland foods, IBS meds, trying to relax etc.
    And you were freaking out over the colour of your stools. Then, you went on holiday and decided to eat junk food and 'healthy' food you don't usually eat. You can't 'do things right' for a day or so and expect to be OK again. (And you certainly can't eat all that junk (etc) and expect to be OK with IBS)

Also, those meds have the potential to make things a LOT worse! Doctors are good at prescribing pills but they don't always check suitability with other drugs etc; this is for you to do your homework. Or, ask a pharmacist (they are trained to know) and the same applies to OTC meds..

Also, those pieces of paper they put into the boxes are there to inform you of possible side-effects. But you can also listen to your own body which will let you know if a medication (or combination of) isn't suiting you..

I don't want more tests, and the stress of going through them, but I don't know anymore.
    You are going to experience stress regardless of what you do, but having tests should draw a line under these fears. To do this, you have to go through the process but ultimately you will have an answer and the chance to move on from this. The other option is to stay as you are, shitting yourself with fear (literally) and allowing your imagination to run away with you, and because the digestive system is directly linked to the stress response - you can be assured that these symptoms will remain, and more besides. What you have to decide is which option you can cope with..

Although rare, I've now read that Crohn's CAN start in your upper abdomen - duodenum/stomach area, which is difficult to diagnose, so now I'm thinking I've got that again.
    From what I can see, you have the classic symptoms of IBS (and those same symptoms happen with Crohn's and numerous other diseases, similarly to how I have symptoms of MS but actually have fibromyalgia - do you see?) but you don't have the other symptoms associated with this disease. I won't name them as not to trigger people, but you do not have them.

Sighs. I am really fed. Really, really fed up of being in this constant pit of anxiety and recurring symptoms all the time.
    Yet you continue to fail to see that the only person who is keeping you in this pit is you with your your Googling, reassurance seeking, and symptom dumping. You've literally just been seeking out shit about Crohn's again! Nobody forced you to do this, this was your choice. What you are doing is the psychological equivalent of hitting a sprained ankle with a hammer, not once but numerous times (daily)

It was my dad's birthday on Thursday and he'd be turning in his grave knowing I'm going through the same sh*t I went through three years ago.
    I'll leave this one here for you to read, read, and read again...

Thanks for the advice and help FMP, Pulisa and Nora.

I have started the FODMAP diet, however it's proving tricky. My partner is dismissive of it, and says this is all in my head. So she's not adjusting her cooking to suit my needs. Tonight for example I was in a hypnotherapy session, and she's made risotto using some onions and garlic. I managed to fish out most of the onions, but it will still have been in the sauce I guess.

My upper abdomen pains have subsided a bit. I'm getting small waves, but nowhere near as bad as the weekend. Still burping a lot, and I feel full after eating small meals. I'm starting to think this could have been a bought of gastritis? That's what people on an IBS facebook group think anyway after telling me their experiences with similar pains in waves.

However after a few days of normal stools, I'm now back having yellow, half and half runny stools. I'm going twice a day, in the mornings and at night, and each time I get bad cramps before going and end up with a mixtire of some solid stools and very yellow diarrhoea stuff. Alsodespite not eating that much, food seems to be going through me at an alarming rate. This mornings' breakfast was out this evening, and dinners are out in the morning.

A box of goats milk keffir is arriving tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to starting it to see if it makes a difference.

I'm also considering going to see a well known local herbalist tomorrow, but don't want to bombard my system with all sorts of new stuff.

My partner has booked another night away for West Midlands safari in two weeks and i'm dreading it with all these symptoms I've got. I hope to god I'm better. I just wished my bowels would slow down now.

I have started the FODMAP diet, however it's proving tricky. My partner is dismissive of it, and says this is all in my head. So she's not adjusting her cooking to suit my needs. Tonight for example I was in a hypnotherapy session, and she's made risotto using some onions and garlic. I managed to fish out most of the onions, but it will still have been in the sauce I guess.
    It's unfortunate that your partner is being like this. I'd have thought that she'd be only too happy to help you so that you, as a family, can get back to something like normal.

However, if this is the case then there's only one thing for it; cook your own meals..

Still burping a lot
    Are you using peppermint tea or capsules like I advised? (they really are great for wind)

However after a few days of normal stools, I'm now back having yellow, half and half runny stools. I'm going twice a day, in the mornings and at night, and each time I get bad cramps before going and end up with a mixtire of some solid stools and very yellow diarrhoea stuff. Alsodespite not eating that much, food seems to be going through me at an alarming rate. This mornings' breakfast was out this evening, and dinners are out in the morning.
    You've changed your diet again. If you read my posts (and I don't think you do) you'd see where I said that changes to diet affect the stool in colour (and consistency). You have to stop fixating on this!

A box of goats milk keffir is arriving tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to starting it to see if it makes a difference.
    My advice is to introduce a small amount one day and see how you tolerate it. If you're ok, have some more the next day etc. As with all things probiotic, you have to give this time to see the benefits (and it will affect your poo)

I'm also considering going to see a well known local herbalist tomorrow, but don't want to bombard my system with all sorts of new stuff.
    I'd be VERY careful here or you will literally be making things ten times worse for yourself. People grossly underestimate the power of herbs so DO YOUR HOMEWORK, especially if you are taking orthodox medication!

Again, making too many changes all at once will send your digestive system into chaos. It's already struggling so you need to be careful here...

My partner has booked another night away for West Midlands safari in two weeks and i'm dreading it with all these symptoms I've got. I hope to god I'm better. I just wished my bowels would slow down now.
    Wishing doesn't work. You have to do the work. Over two weeks, if you eat properly (avoiding all IBS triggers), treat the symptoms you do have, and lower your stress levels (NO GOOGLING) then there's a very good chance that you will be able to tolerate the safari and have a good time..

Page 161 of 187 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171 ... LastLast

Thread Information