Page 165 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

The more people respond detailing their own symptoms the more ammo Mr L will soak up to confirm that his own particular symptoms are different and only point to one thing..

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Do you have similar symptoms? Pain straight after eating? Everything I read about acid / GERD mentions heartburn, but I don't have that. The only thing I have is feeling like theres something stuck in my throat, and I'm clearing my throat all the time. Feeling sick, and also when I lay down on my right hand side the pain comes back in the front centre of my upper abdomen, like a burning/stinging sensation.

I don't know what to think, I'm trying really hard to avoid thinking about Crohn's, stomach ulcers, hiatus hernia or pancreas issues here, but a lot of stuff online points to those.

Nora said earlier in the thread that I might need to have the full bowel MOT, Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, scans etc for this fear. I really don't know what to do anymore, it's killing me and completely ruining my life, as well as those close to me.
    I had all of that, exactly that about a year after my Dad died because my anxiety was so high. I developed gastritis. I barely ate for months, had constant tightness across my breastbone, reflux, coughing, bloating, acid, bowel problems. I had omeprazole, an abdominal scan, a h-pylori test and an endoscopy. All came back to gastritis. The omeprazole didn’t seem to work so I took 2 gaviscon after each meal and 2 before bed. I slept raised on pillows, sat upright after eating, didn’t eat for 2 hours before bed. I didn’t eat anything to spicy, heavy or rich. Eventually it got better, but it regularly flares up when I am stressed.

I tell you all this, but you will ignore it and believe it’s something else. And do you should, I’m not qualified to diagnose you. But your symptoms sound awfully like reflux. Don’t think the worst. Instead of leaping to conclusions, treat the symptoms you have been diagnosed with, and take the medicine you have been prescribed.

Do something proactive about your anxiety and fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I had all of that, exactly that about a year after my Dad died because my anxiety was so high. I developed gastritis. I barely ate for months, had constant tightness across my breastbone, reflux, coughing, bloating, acid, bowel problems. I had omeprazole, an abdominal scan, a h-pylori test and an endoscopy. All came back to gastritis. The omeprazole didn’t seem to work so I took 2 gaviscon after each meal and 2 before bed. I slept raised on pillows, sat upright after eating, didn’t eat for 2 hours before bed. I didn’t eat anything to spicy, heavy or rich. Eventually it got better, but it regularly flares up when I am stressed.

I tell you all this, but you will ignore it and believe it’s something else. And do you should, I’m not qualified to diagnose you. But your symptoms sound awfully like reflux. Don’t think the worst. Instead of leaping to conclusions, treat the symptoms you have been diagnosed with, and take the medicine you have been prescribed.

Do something proactive about your anxiety and fight back.
    Thanks Scass. I don't know if you read my posts earlier in the thread, but I've also been getting waves of squeezing / burning pains in my upper abdomen, which seem worse after eating but can occur randomly in the day.

How long did it take to get better?

I know you might not want to reply as it only fuels my anxiety like Pulisa and utrocket said, so fair enough.

I think if I new 100% what this was, and that it's not scary or life threatening, then I'd relax a bit.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 11-08-22 at 16:04.

Maybe for a short while until you focused on some other ailment..

I had a normal solid bowel movement last night, the only one of the day, then went again this afternoon which was normal-ish.

However I've just been for a very loose bowel movement and it had what I believe was chunks of undigested egg bits that I had for lunch......or they were undigested bits of pasta that I only ate 3 hours ago. This is freaking me out now. What the hell is this all about, I shouldn't be pooing out undigested eggs or pasta that I consumed a few hours ago.

If someone can explain this one to me I'd be very appreciated, but it looks like I'm dealing with some very serious digestive issues at the moment.

Thanks Scass. I don't know if you read my posts earlier in the thread, but I've also been getting waves of squeezing / burning pains in my upper abdomen, which seem worse after eating but can occur randomly in the day.

How long did it take to get better?

I know you might not want to reply as it only fuels my anxiety like Pulisa and utrocket said, so fair enough.

I think if I new 100% what this was, and that it's not scary or life threatening, then I'd relax a bit.
    Yes those waves too. Sometimes it’s worse when you don’t eat.

It took a couple of months, maybe more.

Tell me something that you can be 100% sure of?

I had a normal solid bowel movement last night, the only one of the day, then went again this afternoon which was normal-ish.

However I've just been for a very loose bowel movement and it had what I believe was chunks of undigested egg bits that I had for lunch......or they were undigested bits of pasta that I only ate 3 hours ago. This is freaking me out now. What the hell is this all about, I shouldn't be pooing out undigested eggs or pasta that I consumed a few hours ago.

If someone can explain this one to me I'd be very appreciated, but it looks like I'm dealing with some very serious digestive issues at the moment.
    It’s because you’re eating differently and because you have anxiety and ibs. I had the same thing. You’ve just had a full load of blood tests and yet, you aren’t prepared to accept them. Why?

Next time you have an urge to Google, could you try searching for “catastrophising”?

There was a very important quote in there P,

'Treatment works for many sufferers of health anxiety if they are prepared to do the homework and to test out some of their worries.'

Bravo ladies.

Page 165 of 187 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175 ... LastLast

Thread Information