Page 167 of 187 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Ok well do that then and stop stressing in the meantime as it really won't help gastric problems.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Ok well do that then and stop stressing in the meantime as it really won't help gastric problems.
    Are you fed up of me posting? Or believe that I need tests based on what I've written?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Are you fed up of me posting? Or believe that I need tests based on what I've written?
    You're asking the wrong person here.

I would like to have the pill cam if possible.
    These are still being trialled, right?

How would you cope with a camera floating around your insides for eight hours as opposed to twenty minutes?

I mean, this is well Sci-fi. It's amazing when you think about it. Just go about your day while a tiny camera takes piccies of your insides. The downside being no sedation - which was the best part for me on account of me not being able to drink alcohol anymore (boo)

Even so, binge watching Stranger Things while a tiny camera takes pics of my colon? Hell yes!!

When I spoke to the GP last Friday about getting referred to a dietician or gastro for IBS help, he said he could write to see if they'll see me but to be prepared as the wait is very long
    That's because this is non-urgent.

You're going to have to pay privately if you want to be seen inside of a year (or longer)

You have options...

One, you can pay the money and go to see a gastroenterologist privately (though this doesn't guarantee that you will be tested)

Two, you can work on yourself, on your anxiety and your digestive issues. What have you got to lose by doing this? Nothing! You can only gain by feeling better.

However, what you absolutely need now is psychological help, and of course, the determination to get better.

And the resolution and determination to stop using your dad and uncle's diagnoses as a red flag symptom for your own digestive issues.

I don't think the constant posting is helping as it is just reinforcing what you are scared of.

I said go to the doctor as I think we have exhausted everything else to suggest now and nothing we say will help.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi, I was on last week about all my stomach issues. I had my yearly smear booked anyway so had a chat with my doc about all my tummy problems and my fears. Funnily enough, they have more or less cleared up.

When you say weight loss, how much have you lost? I had a whole panic when the scales went from 87.6 to 86.9 but when you convert it to stones and lbs....it's nothing!!

I get the need for reassurance however googling doesn't help (and I am the WORST for it). If it helps, make an appt to see the doctor, tell him or her all your worries. Of there is a need for tests, they will do them.

Hi Pet59,

My stomach pains subsided Thursday ish, stomach feels ok now.

Regarding weight loss. I have no idea how much I've lost. I have a pair of shorts which were tight on my 2/3 weeks ago and now they fit easily. So that's what I'm basing it on.

Since starting a probiotic middle of last week as well as going strict low fodmap, my stools have been normal, maybe even a bit constipated-ish, as I've had a bit of mucous. Touch wood as knowing my luck something will go wrong now. I still don't have a proper appetite, and don't fancy eating any foods.

The weight loss is worrying me a lot. Like I mentioned above, a pair of shorts which were tight at best, fit me now with a little room to spare. I know I've lost weight before from anxiety and stress, just I cant help feel this is different because of my bowel issues. Also a few t-shirts now feel a bit looser around me.

I was doing some research last night, and quite a few statistical articles said that IBD was never found in patients who had normal calprotectin upon testing. It also said that calprotectin starts to raise even before flare ups happen, so almost like predicting when patients are going to become worse. It was 6 weeks since my calprotectin test and my recent 'flare' or bowel issues. I've been having flare ups for a few months now, so if IBD was causing this on and off then there would be ongoing inflammation I'm guessing?

Should I believe things like this which probably says I'm fine from an IBD point of view? Just don't know what to do. I feel like ringing the docs, but I want to talk to a doctor that I've seen before and trust. Not some locums that stop by for a short period. Or do I just carry on at the moment with the low fodmap and probiotic to see how things go? I only spoke to a GP over a week ago to discuss my IBS, and he just referred me to the head nurse who I then met in person. So I don't know how seriously I will be taken.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 15-08-22 at 10:43.

Hi Pet59,

My stomach pains subsided Thursday ish, stomach feels ok now.

Regarding weight loss. I have no idea how much I've lost. I have a pair of shorts which were tight on my 2/3 weeks ago and now they fit easily. So that's what I'm basing it on.

Since starting a probiotic middle of last week as well as going strict low fodmap, my stools have been normal, maybe even a bit constipated-ish, as I've had a bit of mucous. Touch wood as knowing my luck something will go wrong now. I still don't have a proper appetite, and don't fancy eating any foods.

The weight loss is worrying me a lot. Like I mentioned above, a pair of shorts which were tight at best, fit me now with a little room to spare. I know I've lost weight before from anxiety and stress, just I cant help feel this is different because of my bowel issues. Also a few t-shirts now feel a bit looser around me.

I was doing some research last night, and quite a few statistical articles said that IBD was never found in patients who had normal calprotectin upon testing. It also said that calprotectin starts to raise even before flare ups happen, so almost like predicting when patients are going to become worse. It was 6 weeks since my calprotectin test and my recent 'flare' or bowel issues. I've been having flare ups for a few months now, so if IBD was causing this on and off then there would be ongoing inflammation I'm guessing?

Should I believe things like this which probably says I'm fine from an IBD point of view? Just don't know what to do. I feel like ringing the docs, but I want to talk to a doctor that I've seen before and trust. Not some locums that stop by for a short period. Or do I just carry on at the moment with the low fodmap and probiotic to see how things go? I only spoke to a GP over a week ago to discuss my IBS, and he just referred me to the head nurse who I then met in person. So I don't know how seriously I will be taken.
    Or stop ringing the doc and manage it on your own. The doc is going to tell you the same thibg the last one told you. You are going to keep calling till they tell you what you want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by utrocket09 View Post
    Or stop ringing the doc and manage it on your own. The doc is going to tell you the same thibg the last one told you. You are going to keep calling till they tell you what you want to hear.
    It's hard to manage it on my own when I never have.

What do you mean tell me what I want to hear? That I want to be referred or something?

Page 167 of 187 FirstFirst ... 67117157165166167168169177 ... LastLast

Thread Information