Page 171 of 187 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Doesnt the fact ive been feeling calmer, yet still getting symptoms say that maybe this isnt IBS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

But you aren't calmer really are you - we are back to square one again.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I was calmer, like I said, but Im not calm now obviously. But I was after the doc appt, and managed to eat dinner fine tbat night for the first time in weeks. Was feeling reasonably ok, honest.

The only extra thing I can think of doing is taking my anti- depressants.

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    we are back to square one again.
    Never left square one

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Bit unfair. I had been feeling better……..even went for a bike ride yesterday.

I dont know how relevant it is, but I didnt tell the doctor clearly that my symptoms have worsened since my bloods and stool tests.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 18-08-22 at 15:38.

I was pleased the GP listened to me, and ive been feeling ok the past 2 days.

However today on a trip out I started getting diarrhea cramps again. I just dont understand why…..I was feeling ok after the docs appt, and my appetitite was back yesterday.

Ive never suffered from such frequents diarrhea pangs and cramps like I have the past 3 weeks.

Im so fed up now. Why cant my body just stop this. Doesnt the fact ive been feeling calmer, yet still getting symptoms say that maybe this isnt IBS?

God knows anymore.
    I was expecting this. (A couple of days is about right)

For some reason, you seem to expect your IBS to have cleared up after that chat with your GP. (That's not how this works)

The doubts are creeping back in. You still think you have Crohn's. You don't accept that this is IBS.

"Why can't my body just stop this?"

It took a long time to stress yourself into developing IBS and it will take some time to settle back down. (And that's providing you all the right things)

"Doesn't the fact that I've been calmer, yet still getting symptoms say that maybe this isn't IBS?"

I've already answered this one...

So, despite the chat with the doctor, and the words 'IT'S UP TO ME NOW', here we are again...

This is the pattern.

I dont know how relevant it is, but I didnt tell the doctor clearly that my symptoms have worsened since my bloods and stool tests.
    Classic HA.

Bit unfair.
    How so? A post I made in May of 2019, over 3 years and 171 pages ago. Look familiar?

Your anxiety has been a kin to the wildfires in California. There are acres of burning embers and you're still on high alert so....
    What's really changed? Yes, there are times there is a short lull in your posting but if you start at the beginning and read through this thread, its the SSDD. This is uncannily similar in pattern to several other perpetual threads.

I don't know what else can be said The positive, as has been mentioned other perpetual threads is the wealth of knowledge and advice that other members can garner and hopefully put to good use.

FMP

The GP has ruled out referral as there is no clinical need (despite you disagreeing with her judgement). So it's private tests now if you want to go ahead with that option. You can even pay for a camera colonoscopy device to swallow if you want to avoid the scope/long and winding rod.

Will this be 100% accurate. No. Would you accept the findings? Maybe. Would this "cure" you of HA? Definitely not.

How so? A post I made in May of 2019, over 3 years and 171 pages ago. Look familiar?

What's really changed? Yes, there are times there is a short lull in your posting but if you start at the beginning and read through this thread, its the SSDD. This is uncannily similar in pattern to several other perpetual threads.

I don't know what else can be said The positive, as has been mentioned other perpetual threads is the wealth of knowledge and advice that other members can garner and hopefully put to good use.

FMP
    I was mainly referring to you saying that I've never left square 1. I felt I had - was feeling and eating better, although temporarily. Also feeling a bit more positive. Then bam, I'm hit with another episode of cramping and diarrhea when I'm actually feeling better and settled.

I understand the meaning behind the campfire quote, and sort of agree with it. It's just these past few weeks have been the worst in terms of bowel stuff, even worse than when I went through my bowel cancer worry in 2019.

I'm pretty sure I believed the doctor when she told me 'this is definately IBS', and I know this isn't going to be a quick fix. But I still don't understand why did I get a flare up during a day when I felt ok and reasonably relaxed.

You're right, there's nothing much people can say anymore, and like I said two days ago - it's up to me. I just come on here to vent, and I'm sorry that people are losing patience with me.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    The GP has ruled out referral as there is no clinical need (despite you disagreeing with her judgement). So it's private tests now if you want to go ahead with that option. You can even pay for a camera colonoscopy device to swallow if you want to avoid the scope/long and winding rod.

Will this be 100% accurate. No. Would you accept the findings? Maybe. Would this "cure" you of HA? Definitely not.
    My partner was horrified when I suggested that I might go private and told her the costs. I was only told last week that my work contract may be coming to an end in January, so even more stress on my head. Unemployed again, and in no position to really splash out thousands on medical procedures.

I have no idea where I go from here. If I continue the way I am, and continue to loose weight then something will have to be done.

Page 171 of 187 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181 ... LastLast

Thread Information