Page 172 of 187 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    My partner was horrified when I suggested that I might go private and told her the costs. I was only told last week that my work contract may be coming to an end in January, so even more stress on my head. Unemployed again, and in no position to really splash out thousands on medical procedures.

I have no idea where I go from here. If I continue the way I am, and continue to loose weight then something will have to be done.
    Like what? And more important, by whom?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Like what? And more important, by whom?
    Well, more tests probably, and by a GP....................

Weight loss cannot be ignored can it?

The docs already gave you an answer you are refusing to accept it.

Significant and unexplained weight loss shouldn't be ignored. "Significant" as defined by the NHS guidelines, not Facebook or Mumsnet.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Significant and unexplained weight loss shouldn't be ignored. "Significant" as defined by the NHS guidelines, not Facebook or Mumsnet.
    I have lost quite a bit of weight already, my partner even said today when looking at me this morning 'you have lost quite a bit of weight havent you?'. She doesn't tend to notice stuff, so for her to comment on that it's made my anxiety sky high today. I would hazard a guess and say based on how looser my t-shirts and trousers are that I've lost around a stone in a month. Very concerning.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 19-08-22 at 09:04.

I don't want to dismiss how you are feeling but to be honest, when I have high anxiety I can lose 1/2 stone in a week. You've been running on high anxiety for a while now. Under normal circumstances I struggle to lose a pound in a week, for me anxiety causes rapid weight loss. I can't eat as much as normal, my IBS kicks in and my weight drops.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...th-Fears/page5

Things don't really change much, do they?

I don't believe that your partner would make that comment knowing that you would latch onto it with relish?

We are going round in circles here and you are not helping yourself.

Get off the internet, go and enjoy life and stop worrying over nothing.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Hi all, well things have been going ok bowel wise since I last posted. I've been eating sensibly and taking my IBS medication as well as doing my IBS targeted hypnotherapy, Still have a few dodgy days but overall ok. Past two weeks I'm getting over the cold from hell - sinuses blocked, ears clogged, chesty cough - this has been much worse than Covid, and yes I have been testing.

I recently replied to Nora privately saying I would post an update as I hadn't for a while, but I was afraid of jinxing myself! Well, I feel like I have!

I play football every Monday night with a group of dads in my local town - all aged between 35 - 50 ish. But I've recently joined a local proper football team, with the aim of maybe playing a few games here and there for their reserves side. My first training session was last night (Tuesday). It all went ok, just struggled a bit as it's playing football two nights on the trot. I was also a bit anxious as this was way more competitive than my dads group, and a lot of the guys are much younger than me - anything from 18-30

However I came home and after a few hours my heart was still racing. I couldn't sleep well, and woke up to check my pulse a few times and was horrified that it was still quite fast. I had to go to the toilet at around 2am, and felt quite lightheaded walking to the bathroom. Woke up in the morning and my heart was still racing, and it still on and off now - its 10am.

I'm just quite concerned what if I have an underlying heart problem and that's why my heart was racing after intense excercise. This has happened a few times in the past too. I had ECG's and an echocardiogram 3 years ago which didn't detect anything, however things could have developed since then.

Sighs. I try and do something good for myself, and then this happens.

Should I be going to the doctor and getting some tests done before start playing competitive football again?

I wouldn’t go and see the doc,go and play footie and get some Vitamin D.

Page 172 of 187 FirstFirst ... 72122162170171172173174182 ... LastLast

Thread Information