Page 177 of 187 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 1868

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    . I have a gig tonight, and am dreading lugging around a drum kit.
    Are you a drummer then, Mr Lurcher?

I should add here that I have a thing for Wales and drummers. (You might not be safe)

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Are you a drummer then, Mr Lurcher?

I should add here that I have a thing for Wales and drummers. (You might not be safe)
    Yeah, I play drums and guitar for different bands.

Where about's do you live? Just so I can mark that on places to avoid!!

Who is your favourite Welsh drummer?!

Yeah, I play drums and guitar for different bands.

Where about's do you live? Just so I can mark that on places to avoid!!

Who is your favourite Welsh drummer?!
    Good question. Sean Moore, probably.

Favourite (non-Welsh) drummers are Joey Jordison (RIP) Taylor Hawkins (RIP), Dave Grohl, Steven Adler (Great drummer, bit of a knob)

Have you seen that young girl, Nandi Bushell? Check her out on YouTube, she's phenomenal. She did a 'drum off' with Dave Grohl during the pandemic, and she drummed at Wembly for the Taylor Hawkins tribute concert. (Taylor's kid can't half thrash those drums as well)

Nora, sorry, I thought I replied to your message above. I try not to watch young musicians on youtube as it just annoys me how much better they are than me!!

Haven't posted on here in a while. For those who remember, back in July (I think) I posted on here saying that I found a lump on my chest and my doctor referred me for an ultrasound on it - even though she wasn't concerned. Anyway, I'd forgotten about it and couldn't feel it properly recently. Had the ultrasound yesterday, and there was nothing there! Whatever it was or is, has probably gone or just part of my normal anatomy. Very strange.

Apart from that, my IBS has been flaring on and off since I accepted the new job that I mentioned on my other thread. Past two/three days my stools have been a lot darker than usual, and I'm starting to spiral again. We've had more chocolate in the house than usual because of Halloween, and I've been eating oreos and chocolate bourbon biscuits but I'm concerned that I have bleeding somewhere in my bowel.

I'm hoping I've made the right decision regarding the job change. I really like my current job, and the staff are great. I get along really well with my line manager, and we've become very good friends, so I'm gutted about that. I'm not good with change anyway, so I'm really struggling to see the positive with this job change, even though it's the sort of job I've been after for years :-(
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 04-11-22 at 12:13.

When do you start the new job, Mr L? Anticipatory anxiety will be the trigger for your IBS flare along with that feeling of uncertainty and doubt as to whether you've done the right thing..

Sorry but I'm not going to enable your HA by reassuring you again. You've already been down this route many times, haven't you?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    When do you start the new job, Mr L? Anticipatory anxiety will be the trigger for your IBS flare along with that feeling of uncertainty and doubt as to whether you've done the right thing..

Sorry but I'm not going to enable your HA by reassuring you again. You've already been down this route many times, haven't you?
    16th of December, I have a long notice period where I am now (2 months). That makes it worse, because its giving me even more time to mull over the decision!

And yes I have been down this route a lot now, and don't want to lose myself again in months of worry. Hopefully it will just pass (poor choice of words).
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 04-11-22 at 14:31.

I'm sorry that it's such a long notice period..As you say, it'll be a challenge not to question your decision and not to start being hypervigilant about your health again. You know where that leads. You just can't afford to be distracted by unfounded worry when a new job is on the horizon..One that you've waited a long while to get.

Nora, sorry, I thought I replied to your message above. I try not to watch young musicians on youtube as it just annoys me how much better they are than me!!
    Nandi B can out-drum Dave Grohl so I imagine you'd be setting fire to your drumsticks lol (She's phenomenal).

Dave wrote a song for her.

https://www.kerrang.com/dave-grohl-h...s-a-theme-song

Hi all, I didnt want to post about my bowels again in light of what other members are going through like BI.

My IBS has been pretty bad the past few weeks since accepting the new job offer. Ive had diarrhea (as usual). But also a few episodes of constipation and awful wind throughout the night, and been struggling to sleep. Last night I was somewhat constipated, and I woke up at 4am to go toilet, broke a lot of wind, and a whole load of mucus came out. Like loads. I had to change my pj trousers and clean up before going back to bed. Im embarrased and ashamed saying this, but this is stressing me out again. Ive also got a fullness/discomfort in my lower left abdomen whixh has been there for a week or so.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 13-11-22 at 08:53.

It's IBS, Mr L. I get those symptoms a lot especially the mucus. What are you diagnosing yourself with?

Page 177 of 187 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179 ... LastLast

Thread Information