Page 19 of 187 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

Happy Christmas, Mr L! I've been a right pain to you but just wanted to challenge some of your fears.

I hope you have a great Christmas with your lovely family! My children are both adults but have special needs so are at home with me (poor things!)

If you have some blips today you're only human and can't just switch HA off "because it's Christmas" but always try to keep things in perspective?

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

Managed to hold it together and mostly enjoyed christmas, however I’ve crashes a bit today.

The pain in my left toe has been really gnawing away at me, and its not going away. Sometimes pain in the joint when I bend it, pain at times when walking on it, pain on the outer side if I apply pressure. I also get a weird aensation where the toenail feels ‘tight’ or like theres a pressure feeling on it - like someone standing on my nail. Been nearly a month now of all these symptoms.

Also through my obsessional checking, i’ve noticed mild horizontal ridging on my toe nails - I’ve had vertical ridging for ages but not noticed horizontal. Its mostly visible when the light shines on my nail from a certain direction. If I scrape it with my fingernail it feels rough. This is very concerning as horizontal ridging normally means theres something wrong doesnt it?

Ah well, its been a decent 3 month break but maybe I need to visit docs now. Obviously more bloods to find out the cause of theae ridges. Great.

Another worry - nail ridges

Managed to hold it together and mostly enjoyed christmas, however I’ve crashes a bit today.

The pain in my left toe has been really gnawing away at me, and its not going away. Sometimes pain in the joint when I bend it, pain at times when walking on it, pain on the outer side if I apply pressure. I also get a weird aensation where the toenail feels ‘tight’ or like theres a pressure feeling on it - like someone standing on my nail. Been nearly a month now of all these symptoms.

Also through my obsessional checking, i’ve noticed mild horizontal ridging on my toe nails - I’ve had vertical ridging for ages but not noticed horizontal. Its mostly visible when the light shines on my nail from a certain direction. If I scrape it with my fingernail it feels rough. This is very concerning as horizontal ridging normally means theres something wrong doesnt it?

Ah well, its been a decent 3 month break but maybe I need to visit docs now. Obviously more bloods to find out the cause of theae ridges. Great.

Re: Another worry - nail ridges

Think back a few months, or even now. Are your shoes 100% fitted correctly. I had really bad horizontal ridges in my toe nail when I was working a shop floor and my shoes would press on the nail, the whole toe was painful in the same way you described.
    Does your toe touch the front of the shoe at any point? Like if you kneel down or something like that? My shoes didn’t feel tight or uncomfortable but that’s what it was! It took ages for it to grow out as well.

Same goes for if you’ve stubbed it bad even weeks ago, ridges in the nail aren’t necessarily something to be considered worrying at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight-mouse View Post
    Think back a few months, or even now. Are your shoes 100% fitted correctly. I had really bad horizontal ridges in my toe nail when I was working a shop floor and my shoes would press on the nail, the whole toe was painful in the same way you described.
    Does your toe touch the front of the shoe at any point? Like if you kneel down or something like that? My shoes didn’t feel tight or uncomfortable but that’s what it was! It took ages for it to grow out as well.

Same goes for if you’ve stubbed it bad even weeks ago, ridges in the nail aren’t necessarily something to be considered worrying at all.

Well I mentioned in my other thread that my main trainers are probably 10 months old and have worn down to almost nothing where I use the car pedals as I drive a lot. I’ve got rid of them last week, as they were bent and buckled and offered little support. I do a lot of walking as well and my walking trainers are second hand charity shop ones so not the best.

My football boots are definitely too small and feel tight.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Well I mentioned in my other thread that my main trainers are probably 10 months old and have worn down to almost nothing where I use the car pedals as I drive a lot. I’ve got rid of them last week, as they were bent and buckled and offered little support. I do a lot of walking as well and my walking trainers are second hand charity shop ones so not the best.

My football boots are definitely too small and feel tight.
    It’s very likely just your shoes then, I had very obvious ridges by the time I worked out exactly what was causing my pain. It’s not worth worrying about in my opinion, if you can get some shoes that are in good condition and fit better you should have less problems, it does take a good while for the pain to stop. If I’m honest my feet still hurt sometimes from the damage I’ve done while working in bad shoes and I haven’t worked in years!

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Re: Various Health Fears

Please read the below message from Admin. You are posting about a lot of different things frequently. Perhaps start a thread where you can keep all of your worries in one place.

Can posters, especially those who are posting a lot about a variety of fears please confine their posts to one thread.

This helps others to build up a clear picture of what is happening and makes it easier to offer suitable advice.

You may not see the pattern but usually it is there, especially if you are posting frequently about different things.

Your co-operation with this would be greatly appreciated.

Elen

Apologies for starting a new thread, just thought it would be best as its a different topic. No problem keeping worries to a single thread.

Ive started to delve into neuropathy again. My whole nail just feels very weird at times, like someone lifting it off the bed. Also the pain seems sporadic and random - tip, side, joint etc. Not consistent with an injury imo. And when I wear trainers it feels swollen when it’s visibly not.

This is all very weird and worrying.

You're being hypervigilant again. It's understandable - this is a stressful time of year because of all the expectations - but you need to focus and remember your coping strategies.

Do you have any coping strategies apart from posting on here? (which isn't a valid coping strategy)

Page 19 of 187 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread Information