Page 27 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Come on, you know better.
    You can write it out if you want to, but you know that it’s your anxiety. Even non-anxious people are stressed at the moment!

I don’t know but my left arm aka shoulder have Aching since this whole damn coronavirus hit town. I’m assuming it’s my HA and my anxiety

I'm heading back down the rabbit hole as things stand, it's just one thing after another again right now. I had been doing so well up until the past 2 weeks.

Just been out for an hours run, havent run this long in a while so pushed myself hard. Now my heart is still racing nearly 45 mins after stopping! Why can't this all stop now!

It’s a really unsettling time for everyone, you can’t expect to just feel normal because not much is normal at the moment. Just try and adjust to your new normal and you should start to get back in track.

So ive f*cked up. Ive had a bit of pain down the side or my big toe nail for a while. So I saw some instructions on how to remove dead skin at the sides of the nail to improve nail symptoms and growth, because I probabky wouldnt see a doc or podiatrist any time soon. but Ive bloody removed too much and have a wound at the side of the nail now. Im petrified that Ive created a bigger problem now and could have possibly given myself an infected toe nail. I did it Sunday night and its still sore. Been bathing it in salt water and applying savlon daily. Its healed a little bit but still tender. Do I be patient and let it heal or do I get to a doc? Im worried about going outside now as well due to the virus, but im equally worried about this getting infected. Why the hell did I do this now? I feel like a complete idiot, shi**ing hell.

If you need to see someone then first try a pharmacist. Doctors aren't seeing people right now unless they really have too.

Unless you suspect infection then see what happens and try not to let anxiety push you to rush for reassurance because right now they need support.

Thanks for your reply Terry.

I dont think its infected (yet), it looks slightly swollen but not red. Its not painful unless I mess around with it or if I bang it. My partners looked at it and apparently it looks ‘fine’.

I just feel like an idiot for messing around with it in the first place, this is the situation I was trying to help avoid.

On top of this my eldest daughter has developed a temperature tonight.....

Definitely keep up the salt baths.
    When I got a cut infected on my knee recently, they basically cleaned it with saline water, then wrapped a plaster doused in strong disinfectant (try tcp or something from the chemist) on it. I was then advised to leave it for 3 days & not to get it wet before changing the dressing on the 4th day (or maybe it was 3rd...). I got antibiotics but it was clearly infected (it was hot, red and weeping a bit green and I had a slight fever - although they thought that was unrelated).
    So maybe try to do something like that? I bought dressings and saline wipes on amazon because I couldn’t walk.

Yeah get dunking it in salt water. It will help cleanse and heal the area but also if it does swell it will soften the skin so it bursts. I think it's if there is heat in it that infection may be a possibility.

Don't kick yourself, it's done. Just one of the many mistakes we all make. You can however tackle how it is making you feel.

I couldn't be bothered to get my gardening gloves on to do something quick in some soil and forgot I had a cut down my thumbnail the day before. It wouldn't have mattered otherwise. A day later my thumb was throbbing so much from the swelling I couldn't sleep properly. A couple of days of salt water dunkings and it burst. The relief!!!

Thanks for your replies both.

It doesnt seem as painful to touch today (fingers crossed), and doesnt seem as uncomfortable to wear trainers.

My main concern is that the skin is right next to the nail. So its healing against the nail if that makes sense? Can skin actually heal like that? I keep pulling it away from the nail side to see how its doing, but obviously thats probably not helpful. Not sure whether to let it air and dry out today or keep on with the creAm and covering it.....

Page 27 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast

Thread Information