Page 29 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    So it gets better in the mrlurcher household. My daughter has had an on/off temperature for about a week now. And yeaterday she broke out in a rash - front, back, legs, groin area, feet. We thought it may have been heat rash as it cooled off by the evening, but its flared up again this afternoon.

Took her to the docs today, and theyve given antihistamines. But im worried about lymphoma and leukemia as what she has are classic signs. High temp, feels tired a lot, complains of being cold often, and now the rashes.

Its just relentless at the moment and my brain cannot take anymore stress.
    You and your "classic" signs!! Which the doctor didn't clock and gave her antihistamines instead of ordering urgent blood tests?

Why not give your brain a break and trust the GP's diagnosis? Don't expose your daughter to the GP's surgery again unless really necessary?

Stay safe at home and start the antihistamines. Don't catastrophise especially when she has been assessed by a doctor.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You and your "classic" signs!! Which the doctor didn't clock and gave her antihistamines instead of ordering urgent blood tests?

Why not give your brain a break and trust the GP's diagnosis? Don't expose your daughter to the GP's surgery again unless really necessary?

Stay safe at home and start the antihistamines. Don't catastrophise especially when she has been assessed by a doctor.
    Sorry, only just saw this reply. Yeah I wasn't happy about her going to the GP. I did ring first for advice, but they wanted to see her as she'd had a temperature for a few days prior to the rash. And in the appt her temp read 37.9, however at home we'd only been getting readings of between 37 and 37.5. Small differences I suppose.

I don't know if someone can advise me on this. My HA is just taking a grip now and I'm moving between different worries - bowels, MND, MS again. And also worrying about children's health.

The MND worry is back badly right now. I painted the kids' playhouse/swingset day before and my right hand was aching within minutes. And when I've started practicing the drums again, my right hand/wrist gets sore and stiff after only 5-10 mins. Quite upsetting for me as I enjoy doing things and keeping busy. Why would my hand and wrist feel weak like this?

Admittedly I am on my phone a lot, and also using iPad/laptop trackpad daily. I don't know if this would cause me weakness and pains? My wrist also clicks a lot and has a lot of noise in the joints.

Yep, this is what you get for doing stuff constantly with your hand and wrist. Welcome to my life.

I do a lot of hand sewing for a quilt I’m working on now and my hand will start aching within about 10 mins. Also if I’m doing something where I’m trying to strongly grip a paintbrush or dog brush when brushing there dogs, or extended periods of a lot of writing...same thing. Sometimes they just ache and hurt

Hi all, my anxiety keeps rolling, but this is a real life situation.

This is quite a serious one as it’s about my daughter. Over the past few days she’s been saying forgetful stuff like that she hasn’t brushed her teeth 10 mins after she has, and asking when’s dinner just before bed time. I think she’s said around 4-5 things so far where she’s forgotten. We remind her and she says ‘oh yeah I forgot!’. Didn’t think much of it, but today she says her head hurts on top of her head. And she doesn’t know why as she hasn’t hit it.

I’m seriously panicking atm, because these are typical brain tumour symptoms. I know we’re not meant to rush to docs, but this sounds like something that needs to be checked out ASAP. I feel like crying at the moment.

This is quite a serious one as it’s about my daughter. Over the past few days she’s been saying forgetful stuff like that she hasn’t brushed her teeth 10 mins after she has, and asking when’s dinner just before bed time. I think she’s said around 4-5 things so far where she’s forgotten. We remind her and she says ‘oh yeah I forgot!’. Didn’t think much of it, but today she says her head hurts on top of her head. And she doesn’t know why as she hasn’t hit it.

I’m seriously panicking atm, because these are typical brain tumour symptoms. I know we’re not meant to rush to docs, but this sounds like something that needs to be checked out ASAP. I feel like crying at the moment.
    Kids forget things all the time. No reason to rush to the doctor at a time like this.

You're being ridiculous again, sorry.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

You are catastrophising again, Mr L

Call 111 if you really think there is something seriously wrong with her.

Never Surrender, Comrade

Hi all, my daughter seemed fine after that weird day.

Been doing ok with physical worries over the past few weeks, even though they are causing me some anxiety.

However today I've experienced something which is making me question my sanity. I came downstairs after havibg a shower, and the rest of the family were outside. I noticed the radio was silent so I went to change the frequency (its an old style radio with traditional tuning knob rather than digital), and it was picking up was like just random noises like gurgling, silence, humming, etc - and on one frequency it was like being in a garden with bird and background noises. I freaked out and shouted at my partner to come listen, but in the middle of this I turned the radio off (when you turn the volume down all the way it shuts off), and when I turned it back on, it was working as normal! What the hell??

I'm getting creeped out that I was hallucinating. I've not been sleeping well past week and I'm pretty stressed out about money and the future. Was this likely a technical glitch or am I going mad??

Page 29 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast

Thread Information