Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Ill again

Two colds in two months! I wish. I have a 5 year old who I have been swapping colds for months on end. It's cold season, and not getting enough sleep is all I need to come down with another one.

Erin, I highly recommend a job in education. My workplace has students from dozens of different countries; I had a couple of nasty bouts of flu in the first couple of years, and now I maybe get one cold in a year.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Erin, I highly recommend a job in education. My workplace has students from dozens of different countries; I had a couple of nasty bouts of flu in the first couple of years, and now I maybe get one cold in a year.
    I bet! Mine is in Kindergarten so I'm hoping that we'll have a few tough years and then the viruses will slow down a bit! I don't even think twice about these colds anymore. It's just expected that we'll all be coughing from October-March!

Re: Leg aches and sore knee joints

So my joints continue to click quite often - my shoulders and hips are the worse ones. I've been taking chondroitin and glucosamine for nearly a month now, but the clicking actually started after I began those supplements.

I'm also feeling very stiff at times. I have a bad cough now following a cold and this morning I felt like I pulled a shoulder muscle while coughing. Starting to really worry if there's something underlying here - some form of athritis, MS, muscular diseases.......even MND has entered my head.

Also the first joint of my pinky finger on my right hand is sore in the palm area. It's a strange mild pain that's mainly caused by small movements, but sometimes the pain disappears. There's no obvious location for the pain if I press down around the joint on my palm. And if I pull my pinky in different directions it doesn't hurt at all. I use my phone excessively these days - could it be from that?

I feel under an enormous amount of stress right now, I'm very unhappy with my job which involves working with family, money is tight with xmas coming, our new car is having issues after only owning it for 2 months, the boiler isn't working properly and the plumber is messing us around.

Then I feel like my body is breaking down with all these aches, clicks, pains.....
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 26-11-19 at 12:42.

It's just the stress making you feel rough, Mr. L - I hope you feel better soon. Don't let it drag you down the rabbit hole?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    It's just the stress making you feel rough, Mr. L - I hope you feel better soon. Don't let it drag you down the rabbit hole?
    Thanks BI. In quite a bad place atm, not just HA, but with life.

I work for my brother and his partners business. I left a very good job to join them, but on the condition that I could work from home 3 days a week as the commute was going to be an extra 20-30mins each way. Since my HA kicked in start of this year, they insisted that I come in every day to the office as they don't trust me working from home. It was fair enough back then as I was struggling to concentrate at home, but even though I'm better work-wise now, they still won't allow me to work from home. Unfortunately this is causing me to feel really distant from them, and also very aggrieved. Almost to the point that I feel punished for having a mental health issue. I'm spending an absolute fortune on petrol each week as this commute involves a lot of B roads rather than a dual carriage way in my old job, and obviously seeing less of my family.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 26-11-19 at 13:54.

Yeah, it sounds as though they're taking advantage of you. I'm really sorry.

Ok, I'm beginning to panic about ALS/MND now. I just read darkside's thread, where he mentions stiffness can be the first signs of MND, and my right hand is very stiff at times. And my whole right hand, and arm get very fatigued if I'm doing something like hoovering single handedly, or whisking. In fact I've just compared my hands, and I can easily straighten out all the fingers on my left but it's more of a struggle with my right. Oh dear, oh dear :-( I first noticed this about 8-10 months ago so what if I have very slow progressing MND or something....

My grandmother was diagnosed with a degenerative disease when she was in her 80's called Progressive supranuclear palsy, so I could have some faulty gene's.

If it came on in her 80s that's not faulty genes, that's life.

Deep breaths and be sensible.

Im still not much better, and im completely freaking out now. I felt ok ish yesterday, but last night I felt warm and clammy and also really nauseous/stomach ache. My heart was racing all night and ive got a temperature of 38. I was also sweating on and off in bed.

I havent felt 100% since I was ill 2 months ago and Im panicking right now that ive got a serious underlying illness - lymphoma or something.

Im sitting here with sweat collecting on my brow, I’m really not very well.

Page 3 of 187 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread Information