Page 30 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Sounds like a glitch to me. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to talk about stuff, though.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Sounds like a glitch to me. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want to talk about stuff, though.
    Thanks BI, sent.

Hi guys, looking for help ASAP. I’m sat awake at 12.30 shitting myself as I’ve just experience what I think was a hypnagogic hallucination. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard like a random noise in my left year, like a gargling noise. I’ve been stressed since a weird episode with a radio yesterday (please read above), and I’m worried I’m developing schizophrenia. I’ve had these hypnagogic hallucinations before in the past but why is this occurring now.......I’m scared stiff that I’m going insane.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Hi guys, looking for help ASAP. I’m sat awake at 12.30 shitting myself as I’ve just experience what I think was a hypnagogic hallucination. I was drifting off to sleep when I heard like a random noise in my left year, like a gargling noise. I’ve been stressed since a weird episode with a radio yesterday (please read above), and I’m worried I’m developing schizophrenia. I’ve had these hypnagogic hallucinations before in the past but why is this occurring now.......I’m scared stiff that I’m going insane.
    You don't just develop schizophrenia after a few random episodes of things happening. These hallucinations happen as you fall asleep, nothing more.

Hypnagogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are quite normal, anyone can have them. Whilst anxiety isn't a cause it has been noted to impact on their intensity & frequency. The brain works in a different way during these sleep states so strange phenomena can be experienced

Hallucinations outside of these states are those that may need to be considered. However even then there are many reasons for them outside of schizophrenia. It's always schizophrenia people jump to though on here, there have been many threads about such things.

But that radio issue is more likely a technical issue. Maybe some on here can explain why it happens? But deciding it's a hallucination is jumping to conclusions, looking to join up incorrect dots.

Hearing things as you fall asleep is actually really common and nothing to worry about, I get it very often.

Also the radio thing, there is actually a station that plays nothing but birdsong/sounds! My dad has left it on before in his bedroom, took me ages to work out where the sounds were coming from!

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

Thanks all, very helpful feedback. I went through a schizophrenia worry 10 years ago in uni and spent 4 months obsessing about it until I decided that I wasnt developing it.

I hope youre all right, because Im already getting anxious about going to bed tonight. Think I may try listening to hypnotherapy on my ipod.

Is it worth contacting a doc? My partner just thinks im applying the same worries I do with physical issues....

Why not ask yourself this question?

Would you feel justified in contacting a doctor about this issue? Would you believe what he or she said? You don't believe anything anyone says on here.

If nobody replied, what would you do?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why not ask yourself this question?

Would you feel justified in contacting a doctor about this issue? Would you believe what he or she said? You don't believe anything anyone says on here.

If nobody replied, what would you do?
    I guess I'd probably say no to be honest, but I have little faith in my decision making and very little self confidence these days. Perhaps I don't meet the criteria for Schizophrenia yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I guess I'd probably say no to be honest, but I have little faith in my decision making and very little self confidence these days. Perhaps I don't meet the criteria for Schizophrenia yet.
    "Yet" or "At All". Please don't belittle schizophrenia..

Page 30 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread Information