Page 35 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Congratulations on the job, that's brilliant, I'm so happy for you! Sorry to hear about your uncle, though, poor guy.

I'm still exhausted - back to working at the college now but it's nonstop. Marginally less fed-up since they assigned me a shiny brand-new laptop, though!
    Yeah, it's contract based at the moment, but full time, and I'm technically self employed. But they are creating an actual job on the pay roll in November, so I'm hoping that having my foot in already means a good chance I'll get it.

Nothing better than shiny new laptops! The council have also given me one of their 27" imacs to use, which is a luxury when you're used to doing design work on a smaller screen!

Ohhh, nice!

I've never had a laptop before - heck, up until last year I'd never had a tablet and I was turning up to digital learning conferences with my phone and a spiral-bound notebook!

*sighs*

Bowels getting me down again. Was ok yesterday, but this morning had urgency quickly after waking up, and the stool broke up into loads of particles after flushing - staying in the water. What the hell is this now?! I swear I thought I'd had every bowel symptom imaginable, but this is new.

On top of that I've got a bad middle back which I've had for a month, with pain pretty much on the spine itself, and I've still got a sore foot after kicking a chair in frustration a few weeks ago.

*sighs again*

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    and the stool broke up into loads of particles after flushing - staying in the water. What the hell is this now?! I swear I thought I'd had every bowel symptom imaginable, but this is new.
    Sounds like you're not eating enough fibre...

On top of that I've got a bad middle back which I've had for a month, with pain pretty much on the spine itself,
    I've had pain in my lower back (tension), middle back, (not sure - probably this crappy chair I'm perched on) and between my shoulder blades (that was was defo muscular) in one week, that and abdo pain from my IBS and ice-pick migraines - I literally didn't know where to stick my heat pad!

From experience: if things are making you hurt yourself on furniture, you need to readjust your life so they don't.

I did, and I've never regretted it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Sounds like you're not eating enough fibre...

I've had pain in my lower back (tension), middle back, (not sure - probably this crappy chair I'm perched on) and between my shoulder blades (that was was defo muscular) in one week, that and abdo pain from my IBS and ice-pick migraines - I literally didn't know where to stick my heat pad!
    Hi Nora, I'd like to think it was something as simple as diet. I like to think I follow a decent diet - I am plant based at the moment , and have been for 6-8 months now. I know that plant based diets can cause loose stools a lot. But then again, yesterday I ate a bowl of plain pasta, at least 10 digestive biscuits, half a large bar of bournville, a sweet 'sweet' potato pie I made (reasonable in sugar), a lentil bake, and mashed potato. I guess there's not much fibre there is there?

I sympathise with the multiple symptoms, does it get you down?

From experience: if things are making you hurt yourself on furniture, you need to readjust your life so they don't.

I did, and I've never regretted it.
    I know, I know. I rarely do things like that, just was in a bad place a few weeks ago before starting my new. That day, our new car failed an MOT and needed lots of work, I received 3 unsuccessful job applications, and more bad news about my uncle. I lashed out and now I feel like a stupid donk.

You're not stupid, you're just stressed.

Anecdata, though: as much as I love Bournville (and I really, really love it) I have to be careful as the combination of caffeine from the chocolate and high sugar levels makes me panicky and gives me palpitations. If you're feeling stressed, maybe try a different type of dark chocolate instead? It's only Bournville and sometimes really rich ganache that do it to me.

You're not stupid, you're just stressed.

Anecdata, though: as much as I love Bournville (and I really, really love it) I have to be careful as the combination of caffeine from the chocolate and high sugar levels makes me panicky and gives me palpitations. If you're feeling stressed, maybe try a different type of dark chocolate instead? It's only Bournville and sometimes really rich ganache that do it to me.
    Ah yes, the caffeine......didn't think of that. I have polished off a whole bar in a day recently. And I did notice a few days ago I was getting some palpitations, which I haven't had for quite a while.

I have cut out all caffeine from my diet - decaf coffee, tea's now.....but forgot about other forms like chocolate.

I don't know why, but Bournville seems to hit me particularly hard. Maybe switch to Lindt instead and cut down a bit?

Page 35 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585135 ... LastLast

Thread Information