Page 37 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You haven't got colon cancer either, Mr L...
    Correct, I'm genuinely not worried about that!

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Correct, I'm genuinely not worried about that!
    Give it time.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Give it time.
    Don't! I have a 60+ page thread on my bowel worries which was notorious on here at the start of last year - don't want to revisit that topic again!

'I know' this is probably anxiety, or a psychosomatic response, but my chest feels quite tight today and almost a lump in my throat. I have experienced these sensations before so 'I should' know better not to worry.

Don't! I have a 60+ page thread on my bowel worries which was notorious on here at the start of last year - don't want to revisit that topic again!

'I know' this is probably anxiety, or a psychosomatic response, but my chest feels quite tight today and almost a lump in my throat. I have experienced these sensations before so 'I should' know better not to worry.
    You need to be able to see 'scary' words like bowel cancer and not react with fear Mr Lurcher. When you can do this, you can say your HA is no longer a problem.

I have this trick where I visualise people that piss me off as Spitting Image puppets. Or I take 'scary' words like cancer and say them like the policeman in Hello Hello. I just can't be scared when I'm laughing. This can be quite effective. But the ultimate aim is to be able to say 'cancer' and not feel that jolt in the abdomen or that icy sensation of fear. You know? The precursor to this is to feel those things, and accept them for what they are.

You need to be able to see 'scary' words like bowel cancer and not react with fear Mr Lurcher. When you can do this, you can say your HA is no longer a problem.

I have this trick where I visualise people that piss me off as Spitting Image puppets. Or I take 'scary' words like cancer and say them like the policeman in Hello Hello. I just can't be scared when I'm laughing. This can be quite effective. But the ultimate aim is to be able to say 'cancer' and not feel that jolt in the abdomen or that icy sensation of fear. You know? The precursor to this is to feel those things, and accept them for what they are.
    Haha, that's funny. You're right though, when I do come across health related things watching telly, reading or online etc I do try and turn it off as it tends to trigger me. Which I know is a part of the problem in itself. I did a bit of this in CBT, but my last sessions were cut short because of the lockdown.

Messed things up again today. Been obsessing with my heart past two days, and I've come to notice that my resting heart rate is pretty slow - either bang on 60 or a bit below. Stupidly googled and apparently anything 60 and below is classed as Bracycardia and medical problem! Great!! I had two ECG's and a heart ultrasound scan in the spring of last year, which didn't detect anything........

Haha, that's funny. You're right though, when I do come across health related things watching telly, reading or online etc I do try and turn it off as it tends to trigger me. Which I know is a part of the problem in itself. I did a bit of this in CBT, but my last sessions were cut short because of the lockdown.
    I got triggered whenever 24 Hours in A&E came on, so I made myself binge watch an entire series in one go.

Messed things up again today. Been obsessing with my heart past two days, and I've come to notice that my resting heart rate is pretty slow - either bang on 60 or a bit below. Stupidly googled and apparently anything 60 and below is classed as Bracycardia and medical problem! Great!! I had two ECG's and a heart ultrasound scan in the spring of last year, which didn't detect anything........
    Are you taking any meds which would account for this? Quite a few can slow the heart rate down...

I got triggered whenever 24 Hours in A&E came on, so I made myself binge watch an entire series in one go.

Are you taking any meds which would account for this? Quite a few can slow the heart rate down...
    No, nothing...........oh dear. I always find something to worry about.

No, nothing...........oh dear. I always find something to worry about.
    To be honest Mr Lurcher, this happened to me, and like me, I presume you don't have any symptoms of Bradycardia except for this dip in heartrate?

Also, physically fit adults often have a resting heartrate of 60 and under. The reason I questioned it with me is that I wasn't fit at the time. Even so, there was nothing to worry about.

To be honest Mr Lurcher, this happened to me, and like me, I presume you don't have any symptoms of Bradycardia except for this dip in heartrate?

Also, physically fit adults often have a resting heartrate of 60 and under. The reason I questioned it with me is that I wasn't fit at the time. Even so, there was nothing to worry about.
    No, I don't get any other symptoms like the dizziness and stuff it says online. I do feel very tired at times, but I have a terrible routine atm where I'm getting between 5-6 hours sleep.

I do walk over 1 hour a day usually and cycle, run and play football as well a few times during the week.

And on right on cue, my friend just messaged me to say another friends' dog just died young of a suspected heart issue!!!

I thought I was doing ok recently but maybe I'm deluding myself, I've jumped from back pain caused by cancer, to serious heart issues in a few days.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 11-11-20 at 15:29.

No, I don't get any other symptoms like the dizziness and stuff it says online. I do feel very tired at times, but I have a terrible routine atm where I'm getting between 5-6 hours sleep.

I do walk over 1 hour a day usually and cycle, run and play football as well a few times during the week.
    See, I read this as you don't have symptoms of a heart problem and you are fit - you must be to be doing all this every day.

And on right on cue, my friend just messaged me to say another friends' dog just died young of a suspected heart issue!!!
    Obviously that's very sad to hear, but you don't have a heart issue cocker...

Page 37 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787137 ... LastLast

Thread Information