Page 38 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

I suppose I may be reasonably fit. My mother has one of those fit bits and hers is around 60-65 all the time when resting, so maybe something lower isn't too bad for someone half her age?!

The other thing I do, is when I measure my pulse I hold my breath - not intentionally, just a habit. And that apparently slows down heart rate.

My issue right now is that I'm feeling slightly anxious, but my resting heart rate is around 65-75, so if I'm completely relaxed it could be abnormally slow!!

Oh sigh, I don't know whether or not to ring my GP for advice, but they know about my HA and the fact I had heart tests last year so will probably just tell me it's all normal.

P.S. Speaking of cocker I need to reply in my dog thread.

SH*T, my mum put her fit bit on my wrist when she came over just now, and I started to panic as I do with blood pressure monitors, but it was only 58bpm! That means my RHR must be abnormally low when Im not anxious!!! Oh dear.......is it best I try and get an out of hours appt for tonight? I'm completely spiralling right now.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 11-11-20 at 17:18.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    SH*T, my mum put her fit bit on my wrist when she came over just now, and I started to panic as I do with blood pressure monitors, but it was only 58bpm! That means my RHR must be abnormally low when Im not anxious!!! Oh dear.......is it best I try and get an out of hours appt for tonight? I'm completely spiralling right now.
    My resting heart rate when I’m completely relaxed is 52bpm.. doctor gave me one of those 24 hour things to take home and said my heart rate is absolutely fine

I think part of the problem with HA is that you just have to have a health issue to ruminate about..You don't feel right unless you do.

Any little trigger and you pounce on it .

You're actually worried now because you have evidence that you're young and physically fit..

Quote Originally Posted by WorriedOlive View Post
    My resting heart rate when I’m completely relaxed is 52bpm.. doctor gave me one of those 24 hour things to take home and said my heart rate is absolutely fine
    Thanks for the reply, however the only issue I have is that I was actually anxious using the fit bit thing, so it should've been higher.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think part of the problem with HA is that you just have to have a health issue to ruminate about..You don't feel right unless you do.

Any little trigger and you pounce on it .

You're actually worried now because you have evidence that you're young and physically fit..
    Thanks Pulisa. Yes you're probably right, I can't remember the last time I had nothing to worry about. Obviously there's a large onus on me to worry or not, however I always find something that requires worry.

I'm not sure if a 'resting' heart rate of 58bpm is a sign of fitness when feeling nervous.....it should be much higher.

the only issue I have is........
    What might that be?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    What might that be?

Positive thoughts
    Clinical madness?

On a slightly different topic, have you come across Tokai guitars in the states?

On a slightly different topic, have you come across Tokai guitars in the states?
    I haven't. Looked them up though and they appear to be some nice axes and have been around a long time. I played a Rainsong composite guitar and absolutely fell in love! It sounded and played like a dream! Its now on the wish list. I have a one-of-a-kind '86 Alembic Electrum Custom electric that's worth twice what the Rainsong sells for so that might be going on the selling block

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I haven't. Looked them up though and they appear to be some nice axes and have been around a long time. I played a Rainsong composite guitar and absolutely fell in love! It sounded and played like a dream! Its now on the wish list. I have a one-of-a-kind '86 Alembic Electrum Custom electric that's worth twice what the Rainsong sells for so that might be going on the selling block

Positive thoughts
    Just checked out Rainsong guitars, are the acoustic only? It must be hard thinking of selling the Alembic though!

Mind you I sold my Gibson 335 I've had for 14 years last year, and don't regret it. I am looking at a cheaper 335 type guitar, which Tokai make great versions of.

I'm currently waiting to pick up my Tele and Strat from a guitar tech who's being doing some maintenance on them.

Page 38 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread Information