Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I suppose I may be reasonably fit. My mother has one of those fit bits and hers is around 60-65 all the time when resting, so maybe something lower isn't too bad for someone half her age?!

The other thing I do, is when I measure my pulse I hold my breath - not intentionally, just a habit. And that apparently slows down heart rate.

My issue right now is that I'm feeling slightly anxious, but my resting heart rate is around 65-75, so if I'm completely relaxed it could be abnormally slow!!

Oh sigh, I don't know whether or not to ring my GP for advice, but they know about my HA and the fact I had heart tests last year so will probably just tell me it's all normal.

P.S. Speaking of cocker I need to reply in my dog thread.
    If your mum buys you a fit bit for Christmas I will scream!!

Just checked out Rainsong guitars, are the acoustic only? It must be hard thinking of selling the Alembic though!

Mind you I sold my Gibson 335 I've had for 14 years last year, and don't regret it. I am looking at a cheaper 335 type guitar, which Tokai make great versions of.

I'm currently waiting to pick up my Tele and Strat from a guitar tech who's being doing some maintenance on them.
    Yeah, they're acoustic only. Because of the material, they don't react to weather or temps and always stay in tune, even when using a capo. I had a '67 335 that I sold and then bought the Alembic. I haven't played it in years and its really just collecting dust in the closet with a few others so I'm ok with letting her go. I've been eyeing Godin guitars as well as they have built in multi pin to hook up to a guitar synth. It would be cool to have some strings or piano sounds while performing.

I do need to get a tune up on my Martin though. Needs some fret and intonation work. Haven't played a gig since January and haven't really been playing much since. I need to get going to build my chops and callouses back

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    If your mum buys you a fit bit for Christmas I will scream!!
    If she does, then I don't know what would be worse, that, or the microbiome test!

If she does, then I don't know what would be worse, that, or the microbiome test!
    There's always the potential for a BUPA hospital voucher, I suppose....

I suppose I may be reasonably fit. My mother has one of those fit bits and hers is around 60-65 all the time when resting, so maybe something lower isn't too bad for someone half her age?!
    Normal resting heartrate is between 60 and 100, so your mum is in the normal range.

The other thing I do, is when I measure my pulse I hold my breath - not intentionally, just a habit. And that apparently slows down heart rate.
    Yes. it does slow the heart rate down which is why it's part of the deep breathing I do when I'm having a panic attack (breathe in, hold, breathe out, hold)

Next time, don't hold your breath and you will see the difference.

My issue right now is that I'm feeling slightly anxious, but my resting heart rate is around 65-75, so if I'm completely relaxed it could be abnormally slow!!
    Already covered that one. You're physically fit - something which a slightly lower heartrate will account for. Remember, you don't have any symptoms of Bradycardia because, if you did, you would absolutely know about when you walk and cycle etc.

Oh sigh, I don't know whether or not to ring my GP for advice, but they know about my HA and the fact I had heart tests last year so will probably just tell me it's all normal.
    They also might give you an ECG like they did with me, so I'd mentally prepare yourself for that. (I had one and all was well)

Thanks @NoraB.

Bl**dy hell, something else now.

Yesterday morning I woke up with an on and off ache to the front of my left shin, half way up.

I've experienced shin pain before while running on the road, but not like an on and off ache like this. My sensible part is saying its a knock, shin splint or something after football Monday, but then my other part is saying bone cancer. Arghhhhhhh

So I take it that your heart's ok now?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So I take it that your heart's ok now?
    Well the worry has taken a back burner, will no doubt crop up again. An hour after football Monday I had a 30 second spell of palpitations, which is the worst I've had since suffering a bad bought in college 10 years ago.

I don't know how or why HA worries tend to occur simultaneously.

I've experienced shin pain before while running on the road, but not like an on and off ache like this. My sensible part is saying its a knock, shin splint or something after football Monday, but then my other part is saying bone cancer. Arghhhhhhh
    Your HA mind is a liar. It wants you to believe it's bone cancer even though deep down you know it isn't.

My dad had bone cancer (secondary to prostate) and he was in absolute agony.

Everybody has aches and pains at some point - especially people who play sports - and even more so in cold months.

This is nothing to worry about, but I do think that you know that...

I think you know it too but you like to run it past other people on here because you'd get short shrift from your family?

Page 39 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread Information