Page 44 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why did you sleep with a hot water bottle over it? That must have been really painful if it's inflamed?

Hope you don't have to wait too long for the call back..
    Hiya Pulisa, what sort of days did you have?

I did that because a hot compress is good for swelling and skin infections. I know it wasnt a compress as such, but it did relieve some of the pain.

Had a call back, and the doctor just faxed through a prescription cream to the pharmacy. But it says for internal use of the nostril, even though I explained to her the swelling and redness is on the outside as well - pretty much my entire nostril. Just felt she didn't listen because she also faxed through to the wrong pharmacy as well - she asked me for Boots or Tesco and I said Boots. Boots hadn't had anything, so checked Tesco and it was there. Oh well I'll see if this cream does something over the next day or so, it's an antibiotic and disinfectant.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post

Unfortunately I've caved in this morning and rang out of hours, I woke up at 5am with my nose/nostril throbbing and had to sleep with a hot water bottle over it.
    Inflammation = equals heat = needs cooling down. Why did you put something warm onto a throbbing nostril? It's common sense that this will only make things worse! If you had sunburn, would you put a hot water bottle onto your skin? I'm guessing no. You would do better to wrap a bag of peas in a tea-towel and do some ice treatment for a few minutes throughout the day and take paracetamol.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Inflammation = equals heat = needs cooling down. Why did you put something warm onto a throbbing nostril? It's common sense that this will only make things worse! If you had sunburn, would you put a hot water bottle onto your skin? I'm guessing no. You would do better to wrap a bag of peas in a tea-towel and do some ice treatment for a few minutes throughout the day and take paracetamol.
    Because if I had a boil/abscess or something like that in my skin, then a hot compress helps bring out infection or pus. Tbh, it did actually soothe my nose.

Anyway, it sounds like I have Nasal Vestubilitis judging by my symptoms and the cream she gave me. Still quite painful today. As well as the cream, I've made a paste using salt, bicarb and aloe vera gel which I put on before bed last night - that seems to help as well.

I've worryingly had a few skin type infections this year, a painful long stye a few months ago, then I a fungal infection downstairs after lockdown in the summer, and I've also had quite a few more pimples/spots than usual.

I've worryingly had a few skin type infections this year, a painful long stye a few months ago, then I a fungal infection downstairs after lockdown in the summer, and I've also had quite a few more pimples/spots than usual.
    I'm presently battling a particularly stubborn toenail fungus. Buggering thing refuses to die using more natural methods, like Vicks and tea-tree essential oil, so Dr Scholl is on the case!

Also, with the greatest respect Mr Lurcher, you're an anxiety case and stress affects the skin, hair and nails, so I am not surprised at all that you have such issues..

Sorry to hear about ya todger woes. Hopefully that's all sorted out now?

Because if I had a boil/abscess or something like that in my skin, then a hot compress helps bring out infection or pus. Tbh, it did actually soothe my nose.

Anyway, it sounds like I have Nasal Vestubilitis judging by my symptoms and the cream she gave me. Still quite painful today. As well as the cream, I've made a paste using salt, bicarb and aloe vera gel which I put on before bed last night - that seems to help as well.

So what are you diagnosing yourself with?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I'm presently battling a particularly stubborn toenail fungus. Buggering thing refuses to die using more natural methods, like Vicks and tea-tree essential oil, so Dr Scholl is on the case!

Also, with the greatest respect Mr Lurcher, you're an anxiety case and stress affects the skin, hair and nails, so I am not surprised at all that you have such issues..

Sorry to hear about ya todger woes. Hopefully that's all sorted out now?
    Really? Hm, in saying that my partner blames spots on her face on stress.........

Toenai fungus sounds........interesting?! I'll refrain from googling that. I often have to sort out my right foot toenail which is hell bent on trying to in-grow.

LOL, it wasn't a 'todger' woe (thanks god). If you want the details, it was some groinal chaffing that turned a little bit nasty over those sweaty summer days.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    So what are you diagnosing yourself with?
    Hmmm, nothing really in mind - honest! I'm going to try really hard and not go searching for something, but it's just a bit peculiar all these skin infections/issues. I also have 3 little pimple, insect bite looking things on my hand - but no idea what could have bitten me during this time of year.

Hmmm, nothing really in mind - honest! I'm going to try really hard and not go searching for something, but it's just a bit peculiar all these skin infections/issues. I also have 3 little pimple, insect bite looking things on my hand - but no idea what could have bitten me during this time of year.
    Just so long as you don't bite off more than you can chew with your research into deadly spiders infiltrating the houses of Welsh citizens...

Really? Hm, in saying that my partner blames spots on her face on stress.........
    Stress can cause spotty breakouts for sure.

Toenai fungus sounds........interesting?! I'll refrain from googling that. I often have to sort out my right foot toenail which is hell bent on trying to in-grow.
    Ingrowing toenails can cause toenail fungus but mine came from trying on shoes without a sock then not treating it effectively and wearing nail varnish - which fungus ADORES! Takes about 12 months to effectively get rid of toenail fungus, and I'm 3 weeks into this treatment but fingers crossed I annihilate the bugger this time!

It ain't life threatening Mr Lurcher - just got a fugly toenail innit.

If you want the details, it was some groinal chaffing that turned a little bit nasty over those sweaty summer days.
    Ah, Hubs has chafe woes in summer. Sudocrem is very good for that.

Anyone got any advice for me on this.

Past 4-5 days I've developed a slightly swollen very painful upper corner of my eyelid, along my eyelashes in my right eye. The corner of my eye has been itchy for a while, but sat/sun it started getting quite painful, hurting to blink etc. There's not much skin redness, but inside is quite red. i've been applying a warm compress a few times a day since yesterday morning, which only provides temporary relief.

Saw a doc this afternoon, and all he did was lift my eye lid a little, looked at it for around 5-10 seconds, and proceeded to tell me what he thought it was going to be - a chalizon cyst or something. How was that helpful?! He didn't mention a stye, which I thought it may be. There isn't an obvious lump, just around 10mm of swollen eyelid in the corner, along my eyelashes, and my eye is dropping/closing in the corner. Could it be an internal stye? But then again he didn't mention that.

He gave me some drops, but I think my eye feels even more irritated now so I've bought some eye wash from Tesco.
    Soooo, 3-4 months later, and I've got an almost exact recurrence of this. No stye as of yet, but my right eye is very dry, itchy, sore, and the outer corner is cracked, dry and painful. This morning I woke up and I had a haze over my right eye sight, which took a bit of washing to clear.

It's a minor problem, but unfortunately I'm adding all these skin conditions together now. In the past 5-6 months I've had 2 episodes of eye soreness / dry eye, a fungal infection in my groin area and my nose boil. Also in the winter, I sometimes get, and have it now, a cracked corner in my mouth. Does this sound a little bit suspicious to anyone now? I haven't done any googling on this, but all these minor ailments are occurring a bit too frequent for my liking.

I did stumble (yes, not googled) across an article about local girl who died recently in her twenties due to complications from a immunodeficiency disease, and repeated skin issues can be a symptom.

Page 44 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread Information