Page 45 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Honestly, winter wreaks havoc on your skin - I've had tons of problems myself, as we've discussed in PMs. It's partly because it's so cold outside, and partly because central heating isn't great either.

Wait for the weather to get warmer, then get outside and enjoy the sunshine in a socially distanced and responsible manner

Most people have various things happen to them, they just don’t catalogue them and reach terrifying new heights.

That’s all that’s happening here Mr L.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what have you got this time, Mr L? What's this very rare illness that you must have because it's never going to be something quite routine, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Also in the winter, I sometimes get, and have it now, a cracked corner in my mouth. Does this sound a little bit suspicious to anyone now? I haven't done any googling on this, but all these minor ailments are occurring a bit too frequent for my liking.
    It's winter. The central heating is on which dries the atmosphere. My skin is like sandpaper and is soaking up Loreal's Old Git face cream like it's going out of fashion! Literally having to go to bed with a bottle of sesame seed oil smeared into my skin and I still wake up looking like Madge off Benidorm! Cracks (fnar) are par for the course at this time of year innit?

I did stumble (yes, not googled) across an article about local girl who died recently in her twenties due to complications from a immunodeficiency disease, and repeated skin issues can be a symptom.
    Give over! You know damn well you were Googling!

Also, age.

Unless you were privy to this girl's post mortem, I wouldn't worry too much about an online article Mr Lurcher - you're only getting half a story!

Your HA mind is making these connections and quite frankly there are none that getting older (or/and stress) can't explain.

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    It's winter. The central heating is on which dries the atmosphere. My skin is like sandpaper and is soaking up Loreal's Old Git face cream like it's going out of fashion! Literally having to go to bed with a bottle of sesame seed oil smeared into my skin and I still wake up looking like Madge off Benidorm! Cracks (fnar) are par for the course at this time of year innit?

Give over! You know damn well you were Googling!

Also, age.

Unless you were privy to this girl's post mortem, I wouldn't worry too much about an online article Mr Lurcher - you're only getting half a story!

Your HA mind is making these connections and quite frankly there are none that getting older (or/and stress) can't explain.
    I came across the girls' story on facebook, but admittedly I did google her illness afterwards - yeeeees I knoooooowwwww. It's a common trait of the HA mind to be a bit morbidly fascinated I think.

I came across the girls' story on facebook, but admittedly I did google her illness afterwards - yeeeees I knoooooowwwww. It's a common trait of the HA mind to be a bit morbidly fascinated I think.
    That doesn't give you an excuse to deliberately trigger your HA though. Then come on here and tell us all about it.

I came across the girls' story on facebook, but admittedly I did google her illness afterwards - yeeeees I knoooooowwwww..
    Knew it! Ya can't fool old Nora!

You need to stop searching this stuff out Mr Lurcher. Every time you do it, you are 'releasing the hounds' (stress hormones) and keeping yourself in a cycle of fear and unpleasant symptoms.

Unless there is a part of you that actually wants to keep this going?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    Knew it! Ya can't fool old Nora!

You need to stop searching this stuff out Mr Lurcher. Every time you do it, you are 'releasing the hounds' (stress hormones) and keeping yourself in a cycle of fear and unpleasant symptoms.

Unless there is a part of you that actually wants to keep this going?

He HAS admitted that he has a morbid fascination with all things disease-related..

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    He HAS admitted that he has a morbid fascination with all things disease-related..
    Fair comment. I consider myself corrected P.

In that case, Mr Lurcher, maybe you should become a doctor or a mortician and you can fill ya boots!

Or maybe compile a "Lurcher's Lexicon of Lurgies" tome for those similarly afflicted?

Page 45 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595145 ... LastLast

Thread Information