Page 48 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I don't want to out-do you, but it was a wrist-watch and several bangles with my GP.
    Did your doc tell you that it was time to stop going round in circles, Nora?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    I don't want to out-do you, but it was a wrist-watch and several bangles with my GP.
    Reminds me of a scene from All creatures great and small , does your Doc by any chance wear a rubber glove up to his armpit ? Might as well check your tonsils while he’s in there

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Did your doc tell you that it was time to stop going round in circles, Nora?
    All I know was that I braceleted myself before she went in..

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Reminds me of a scene from All creatures great and small , does your Doc by any chance wear a rubber glove up to his armpit ? Might as well check your tonsils while he’s in there
    Crikey Buster, did your Doc go in with his fist? I'd have been checking his credentials lol. Real GP was gaffer taped up in the cleaning cupboard.

Well he said he was a Doctor but I was suspicious when my appointment was in the Turks head car park after dark but I know how hard these GPs work and it’s so hard to see a Doctor , I felt more reassured when he put both hands on my shoulders , too far ? Yeah pretty sure I saw a line somewhere back there when I crossed it .
    Im not sure if we got of the topic or what the topic was other than a tasty chocolate bar , come to think of it I’m not even sure what day it is anymore, what I am 100% sure of it’s definitely one of the days .

Well, I'm pleased my thread is getting used!

I hate to bring the mood down, but unfortunately I have concerns over my mother.

I called with my parents yesterday, as I've been helping with some filing and paperwork for my dad and uncle's business, and my mum looked awfully pale and bordering on looking slightly yellowish. Nothing like the yellowing my uncle's showed with his cancer, but still didn't look right.

Obviously I asked her if she was feeling ok, and that I thought she looked very tired and pale. She just said she's tired, not sleeping well and struggling with looking after my uncle. She is doing most of the work, as my dad is pretty useless in general, and has been very difficult to live with himself. He has bipolar, and my uncle's illness has really brought out his bad, angry and selfish side.

Clearly I can't call there all the time to check on her, but do you think I should try and nudge her to see a doctor? My dad mentioned her paleness as well the same day and she just got annoyed with him! Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately?!) she is a stoic type of person that rarely complains or moans (unlike me!) so I just hope she's just not hiding further symptoms.

Tbh, I don't know why I'm posting this on here............
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 16-01-21 at 23:32.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Tbh, I don't know why I'm posting this on here............
    Nor do we...

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Buster70 View Post
    Well he said he was a Doctor but I was suspicious when my appointment was in the Turks head car park after dark
    I felt like that the first time I went for a 'hospital' appointment which was actually in a lorry on the carpark!

She's knackered, Mr L. Caring for 2 people is knackering. Please don't add to her problems by pestering her? She'll know if she needs to go to the GP's

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    She's knackered, Mr L. Caring for 2 people is knackering. Please don't add to her problems by pestering her? She'll know if she needs to go to the GP's
    Yes, I suppose you're right. I won't mention it again to her, and see how I find her in a few weeks.

If it wasn't for this lockdown I'd do more to help out.

Page 48 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread Information