Page 50 of 187 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Hi all, had a very bizarre and scary occurance this afternoon.
    Had a bit of a panic, and my heartrate went through the roof, then my vision started vibrating left to right - LRLRLRLRLRLRLR. This was pretty scary, and I couldn't really walk properly.

It went on for a couple minutes, until I lay down on the floor and it went away.
    My Lurcher, this sounds like a very normal spike in blood pressure which you'd expect with a panic attack. The shaky legs (?) will be down to adrenalin.

The fact that these symptoms went away should tell you that this is anxiety.

How are you feeling today?

Quote Originally Posted by NoraB View Post
    My Lurcher, this sounds like a very normal spike in blood pressure which you'd expect with a panic attack. The shaky legs (?) will be down to adrenalin.

The fact that these symptoms went away should tell you that this is anxiety.

How are you feeling today?
    Argh, don't mention blood pressure Nora! I've been thinking about that since it happened, and been worried overall about my blood pressure recently due to my job stress and money worries.

Feeling ok today though. I really need to get on top of this now, as it's worrying my anxiety is starting to affect me physically again. Apart from IBS, it's been a while since I had other physical issues.

You don't need to start fixating on physical sensations, Mr L. That's the worst thing for HA along with comparing symptoms with others and "researching" until you find your morbid diagnosis of choice.

Kick those behaviours out? They will just keep you in the HA loop. Do it for your partner?

Hi all, managed to reach a month without posting for reassurance, but cracking a bit this week.

I'm starting a new job next week, so a tad stressed about that, and we've got a damp problem in our living room which is concerning me.

Health wise I've had a front upper part of my head headache and pressure feelings for around 3 days now. It almost feels as if theres pressure behind my eyes as well. Like a month ago I'm on and off worried about my blood pressure due to all the stresses I've put myself under. I've also, annoyingly put on some weight so that's putting me even more at risk of things like blood pressure problems.

I know headaches don't always mean blood pressure issues, but this has been going on for 3 days.

I’ve had the same headache for 3 days now. My anxiety is quite high & I haven’t slept well. That’s what I’m blaming it on.
    Does it go if you take painkillers or after you’ve eaten or slept? I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about Mr L.
    Big congratulations on the new job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I’ve had the same headache for 3 days now. My anxiety is quite high & I haven’t slept well. That’s what I’m blaming it on.
    Does it go if you take painkillers or after you’ve eaten or slept? I’m sure it’s nothing to worry about Mr L.
    Big congratulations on the new job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the reply Scass, sorry to hear about the headache. It brings you down doesn't it? Tbh my sleep isn't great as either, and on the weekend I had 2/3 nights where I had around 4/5 hours.

Yeah it's fine first thing in the morning, but gradually gets worse throughout the day. Paracetamol didn't really touch it on Sunday when it started.

I'm using a lot of the computer at the moment, 6-8 hours in the day and probably 2-3 hours in the night.

Congratulations on the new job, I'm so happy for you!

Honestly, your headache sounds stress-based to me, and all that screentime won't be helping. I've had a few like that this past month myself.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Congratulations on the new job, I'm so happy for you!

Honestly, your headache sounds stress-based to me, and all that screentime won't be helping. I've had a few like that this past month myself.
    Many thanks BI! I hope it works out long term. I had two job offers (I posted a thread about it in the Misc section), one which was this and another. The one I've opted for is with an University, but on an initial 3 month fixed term contract with aims to extend. I hope I've done the right decision! The other was like an e-commerce business selling health educational products. Which although really interesting, and perhaps more permanent, I thought was perhaps a bad move having suffered (suffering) from health anxiety.

So nearly a week on and I've still got head pressure and a headache. It may be a bit better, but surely this is now worth getting medically checked out? Quite concerned about my blood pressure.

Maybe try for a phone chat with your GP? It's incredibly unlikely to be anything serious, but there's no harm in putting your mind at ease.

Page 50 of 187 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread Information