Page 51 of 187 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Back again unfortunately.

I will probably call the docs this week anyway, as I'm not sure what this is and it's been there over a week.

A have a small 'growth' or raised bit of skin below my eye in the corner close to my nose - around 1mm-2mm in size. Similar position to this:

c0130954-800px-wm.jpg

It's a bit redder than the surrounding tissue, and it flakes over after a day or so and then I peel or rub the flake of skin off. It isn't a lump or anything, but just like a raised bit of soft skin.

I thought it may be just some dry skin, but I'm concerned I'm probably dealing with some sort of skin cancer. Possibly basal or squamous (spelling?).

On top of that I'm also dealing with more pain in the middle section of my spine, which has got worse recently.

How is your little girl?

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    How is your little girl?
    She's all better now thanks for asking. Took a while for her stomach to settle back down, but she bounced back quite quickly. Quite incredible really, and much quicker than I would have!

How is your son?

He's awaiting his colonoscopy appointment as his calprotectin level was very high. He's not bothered about his physical health though.

Glad she's better. It's not always worse case scenario.

Hope you are enjoying your football sessions again?

He's awaiting his colonoscopy appointment as his calprotectin level was very high. He's not bothered about his physical health though.

Glad she's better. It's not always worse case scenario.

Hope you are enjoying your football sessions again?
    How old is he? (sorry if you've mentioned this before) That will be scary for him going through that bless him.

No football yet, however I've gained a bit of timber over this lockdown so I'm dreading returning to play.

Oh he's 35 so not a little one! He was born with major organ abnormalities so is used to hospitals etc.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're back to your pre-lockdown weight and back on the pitch again! Interesting that you've actually gained weight despite fearing all sorts of nasty diseases!

Oh he's 35 so not a little one! He was born with major organ abnormalities so is used to hospitals etc.

I'm sure it won't be long before you're back to your pre-lockdown weight and back on the pitch again! Interesting that you've actually gained weight despite fearing all sorts of nasty diseases!
    Oh right, sorry, completely wrong end of the stick. Assumed he was much younger! Sound he's had a very tough life, and must have been hard on you. Hope you get good news following the colonoscopy.

I've rung the doctors today anyway, as I've had chronic spinal/back pain for almost 6 months now. The pain is in the same spot, so I'm concerned I've got some spinal degeneration or athritis. I do have a bad habit of sleeping on the sofa 4/5 nights a week because the kids still like coming into our main bed, so dunno if I've caused myself damage.

Oh well, doc would like to see me about my back.

Not sure what they would suggest for long standing back pain. I'm presuming they will probably organise an xray/scan or something to make sure I haven't got a herniated disc/spinal issues etc. I hope I haven't got something that's too degenerative.

Granted this is the first time I'm visiting about it, but I've had a pain in that region for 4-5 months now.

My HA is spiking again right now. 1.30am and can’t sleep.

My eldest daughter was awake for an hour feeling sick and the vomited half an hour ago.

She’s had a few episodes of this in her life since she was around 3, she’s 6 now. We used to notice a pattern with either heavy meals/greasy meals for dinner or things like beans and pulses. I’d say she’s had like 7-8 episodes of waking up in the middle of the night, feeling sick, getting a bit hot and sweaty then vomiting - sometimes once, sometimes, quite a few times.

We mentioned it to a doctor a while ago who just said it’s something she’ll grow out of, but she’s nearly 7 now.

Unfortunately I’ve been googling tonight and came across Gastroparesis, which is pretty alarming for a child to have. I’ve also come across Cyclical vomiting syndrome. Both quite rare, but her symptoms fit these disorders.

Has anyone got any experiences of their child suffering with vomiting episodes like this? I don’t dare mention this to my partner as my HA has worsened again recently, and she’ll be upset at me once again thinking one of our daughters has a rare and scary illness. (Like I did when my youngest had a bad Diarrhea bought a few weeks ago)

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    My HA is spiking again right now. 1.30am and can’t sleep.

My eldest daughter was awake for an hour feeling sick and the vomited half an hour ago.

She’s had a few episodes of this in her life since she was around 3, she’s 6 now. We used to notice a pattern with either heavy meals/greasy meals for dinner or things like beans and pulses. I’d say she’s had like 7-8 episodes of waking up in the middle of the night, feeling sick, getting a bit hot and sweaty then vomiting - sometimes once, sometimes, quite a few times.

We mentioned it to a doctor a while ago who just said it’s something she’ll grow out of, but she’s nearly 7 now.

Unfortunately I’ve been googling tonight and came across Gastroparesis, which is pretty alarming for a child to have. I’ve also come across Cyclical vomiting syndrome. Both quite rare, but her symptoms fit these disorders.

Has anyone got any experiences of their child suffering with vomiting episodes like this? I don’t dare mention this to my partner as my HA has worsened again recently, and she’ll be upset at me once again thinking one of our daughters has a rare and scary illness. (Like I did when my youngest had a bad Diarrhea bought a few weeks ago)
    Stop googling, you arent doing you or your kids any favors.

Page 51 of 187 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread Information