Page 52 of 187 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Once again, you need to lay off Google. Think of it as a drug you can't take because of your illness? Take a breath, do some relaxation exercises and trust your partner because right now, her perception of reality is more accurate than yours.

It's just not normal is it? For a child to get unexplained episodes of vomiting in the middle of the night. I thought she'd grown out of it, as it hadn't happened for quite a long time, but here we go again.

She is a bit thinner than her friends as well which has always worried me.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    It's just not normal is it? For a child to get unexplained episodes of vomiting in the middle of the night. I thought she'd grown out of it, as it hadn't happened for quite a long time, but here we go again.

She is a bit thinner than her friends as well which has always worried me.
    Is it normal or not? No idea. Did it happen to me? Yep. Does it still happen to my father? Yes! My dad was so violently sick one time that next door came round to check on him because she thought someone had been seriously injured. My dad is still alive and kicking as am I. It happened to me into my teens and my father is a LOT older than your daughter and we're not aware of any scary illnesses. Some people just get sick sometimes. You can speak to a doctor for your child if you're really concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglo View Post
    Is it normal or not? No idea. Did it happen to me? Yep. Does it still happen to my father? Yes! My dad was so violently sick one time that next door came round to check on him because she thought someone had been seriously injured. My dad is still alive and kicking as am I. It happened to me into my teens and my father is a LOT older than your daughter and we're not aware of any scary illnesses. Some people just get sick sometimes. You can speak to a doctor for your child if you're really concerned.
    Fair enough, thanks for sharing similar experiences.

Well we did mention it a few years back after it happened a few times and they just said something about reflux or maybe migraines and that she will 'grow out of it' Not much help tbh. It's not nice for her when it happens and I wish I could make it stop.

Does she get tummy aches often?
    My daughter is 7 and she had a bad virus when she was 5 that left her suffering with reflux for a while after, and she also suffers with stomach cramping if she eats too much dairy.

She hasn’t had the vomiting, but if your daughter has had a few episodes close together then it might mean that her tummy is extra sensitive- this happened to me too.

Also, it took a while for my daughter to be able to explain her stomach aches - when she mentioned they were moving up towards her throat then we realised it was reflux - which can of course make you sick too.

Even yesterday we had an episode where her tummy hurt so much she thought she was going to be sick, but wasn’t.

We have moved to lactose free milk and I’ve really tried to cut down on dairy. Although it’s tough and also not really advised for children unless their symptoms are severe.

She also gets tummy aches at night, especially when she’s tired. I have been to the doctor a few times about this - but not for a while.

There’s no harm in getting a consultation for your daughter. The doctor will be able to rule a few things out and make suggestions.

I’m afraid that I’m a googler too when it comes to this, so I can only suggest that you don’t jump to the wrong conclusions.

My friends son has the vomiting too though, nothing else wrong with him - he just gets sick a lot.

Try not to let her eat anything too rich or heavy at dinnertime, and not for a few hours before bed. I often give crackers as a night time snack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    Does she get tummy aches often?
    My daughter is 7 and she had a bad virus when she was 5 that left her suffering with reflux for a while after, and she also suffers with stomach cramping if she eats too much dairy.

She hasn’t had the vomiting, but if your daughter has had a few episodes close together then it might mean that her tummy is extra sensitive- this happened to me too.

Also, it took a while for my daughter to be able to explain her stomach aches - when she mentioned they were moving up towards her throat then we realised it was reflux - which can of course make you sick too.

Even yesterday we had an episode where her tummy hurt so much she thought she was going to be sick, but wasn’t.

We have moved to lactose free milk and I’ve really tried to cut down on dairy. Although it’s tough and also not really advised for children unless their symptoms are severe.

She also gets tummy aches at night, especially when she’s tired. I have been to the doctor a few times about this - but not for a while.

There’s no harm in getting a consultation for your daughter. The doctor will be able to rule a few things out and make suggestions.

I’m afraid that I’m a googler too when it comes to this, so I can only suggest that you don’t jump to the wrong conclusions.

My friends son has the vomiting too though, nothing else wrong with him - he just gets sick a lot.

Try not to let her eat anything too rich or heavy at dinnertime, and not for a few hours before bed. I often give crackers as a night time snack.

Thanks for the reply Scass.

Erm, she doesn't mention tummy aches often but tends to be more on the constipated side - hence why I was worrying about gastroparesis and slow digestion.

The only other thing that could have caused her long term tummy sensitivity is when she was 3, she ate some berries that were growing on a plant in the garden. The berries smelt like a strong red wine in her vomit! We ended up in A&E at 2.30am because we saw the berries in her vomit but couldn't make out what they were and she hadn't eaten anything like that in the day. Found out the plant was a Himalayan Honeysuckle and although not toxic/poisonous it gave her such a bad belly that she was continuously vomiting from 1am till 6am. It was horrible.

She doesn't drink dairy as she had a bad intolerance when younger - and we as a family have gone dairy free as well. I always used to feel quite nauseas after a milky coffee for example, but don't get such feelings on soy milk. She may have eaten something in school though, but doubtful.

My partner doesn't see the need to talk to a doctor because she was only sick once and this was the first episode in almost 2 years. However my mind is going to the worst case scenario.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 16-04-21 at 14:44.

Ok, so if it was the first one in 2 years it’s very likely just something she ate or the quantity she ate.
    Honestly, I’d worry too - but it sounds like your partner is like mine: able to think rationally .

Thought I'd check in with another worry.

For over a week now I've had a scab/sore inside my nostril, on the inner side. Very similar area where I had the nasal infection over xmas.

It may be because I keep picking it, but it doesn't seem to be healing? And I've also noticed my nose has been a lot runnier on that side than the other (which is a symptom of C).

Anyone had something similar, and last this long?

I started putting the ointment I hasd for the nasal infection today, hopefully that will help.

It is more likely allergies.

Leave it alone and let it heal

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Thought I'd check in with another worry.

For over a week now I've had a scab/sore inside my nostril, on the inner side. Very similar area where I had the nasal infection over xmas.

It may be because I keep picking it, but it doesn't seem to be healing? And I've also noticed my nose has been a lot runnier on that side than the other (which is a symptom of C).

Anyone had something similar, and last this long?

I started putting the ointment I hasd for the nasal infection today, hopefully that will help.
    Yes, I’ve had it. Try and leave it alone.

Page 52 of 187 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread Information