Page 60 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Took some paracetemol around 10.30, but temp is still 37.5.

NHS says it's not a high temperature until 38c. It's incredibly hot and muggy outside, plus as Nora and I have both stated, anxiety can wreak havoc on your temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    NHS says it's not a high temperature until 38c. It's incredibly hot and muggy outside, plus as Nora and I have both stated, anxiety can wreak havoc on your temperature.
    My partner says the house feels cold, yet I find it hot in here.

I know this is probably going to sound OTT for some on here, but I'm seriously considering going down to A&E, I haven't felt this ill with a cold for years and years. Starting to feel worse now, and I took paracetemol an hour ago.

Apologies for bluntness, but I've had a rubbish day.

Don't go to A&E, don't waste the time of the hard-pressed staff, don't get laughed out of the place, don't risk exposing yourself and your loved ones to covid.

I'll second what BI says.

If you really can't get a handle on this by yourself just speak to your GP and ask for a full blood count. A routine one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    My partner says the house feels cold, yet I find it hot in here.

I know this is probably going to sound OTT for some on here, but I'm seriously considering going down to A&E, I haven't felt this ill with a cold for years and years. Starting to feel worse now, and I took paracetemol an hour ago.
    By all means, go down to A&E where they will triage you and either direct you to the nearest walk in centre or you'll be sitting there for hours on end as lowest priority. Waste a doctor's time that could be better used on someone who desperately needs it, and presently the risk of bringing COVID back with you.

Been there, done that Mr Lurcher, all in the name of anxiety, and I've felt mega-guilty ever since! I was unwell, for sure, but it wasn't emergency care that I required, and neither do you.

Re temperature: you can't accurately go on what your partner says because, as I have already pointed out to you - there are temperature variants according to one's sex. I used to feel cold when I was on my period, and that could be on a hot summer's day!

You're feeling worse because you are spiralling mentally. Your body is swimming in stress hormones as well as trying to cope with hayfever symptoms - which are crappy. Every time you take your temperature and you hit a NORMAL variant, you freak out and release even more stress hormones!

You need to engage some common sense here Mr Lurcher - hard I know when HA has us by the privates. You really do have my empathy - but if I'm coming across as 'tough love' it's because I've been where you are and have come out the other side to see how utterly ridiculous I was being - so ridiculous that it's almost laughable, but what's not funny is the guilt I carry with me from hogging up valuable NHS time in A&E, not once, but twice!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Apologies for bluntness, but I've had a rubbish day.

Don't go to A&E, don't waste the time of the hard-pressed staff, don't get laughed out of the place, don't risk exposing yourself and your loved ones to covid.
    All ok?

Was in bed at 8.30 last night, felt completely zoned out and roasting. But I think I sweated a lot of it out because I felt better today. Covid test came back negative, so this must have been a pretty bad cold/virus instead - I genuinely haven't felt that rough from a cold for years and years, and the coughing today has been pretty bad. Someone I know mentioned that people's immune systems are going to be weaker now because there hasn't been a social aspect to life where they catch minor viruses and build immunity. Sounds about right from mine and my partners' experience.

All ok?

Someone I know mentioned that people's immune systems are going to be weaker now because there hasn't been a social aspect to life where they catch minor viruses and build immunity. Sounds about right from mine and my partners' experience.
    I agree. The amount of contact we will have had with the usual viruses/colds/bugs etc over the last 15 months will have been minimal so our immune systems will take a bit of a hit as restrictions lift.

It’s hot, none of us are sleeping and allergies do last for weeks.
    Also, if you have a fever you don’t really feel hot, you have chills and feel cold.
    Lastly, anxiety can put your temperature up. It has done for mine in the past.
    Your temperature went up after the bath, which it would. You’re not supposed to take it for at least an hour after the bath.

But anyway. I feel like a grown man with a child should know this?

Did you book your covid test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covid test came back negative
    I'd agree actually about the immunity aspect because it makes sense, but essentially this is a summer cold combined with hayfever - not so much serious as a pain in the @rse.

Meanwhile, you need to accept that you have made your symptoms worse than they needed to be. I have fibromyalgia and anxiety triggers painful flare ups, so you faffing around taking your temperature every five minutes has done you zero favours. Your body is trying to fight off a cold, cope with allergies (hayfever) and deal your own irrational thoughts, so I'm not surprised you feel like crap!

Now your test has come back negative, how do you feel about where your mind took you - which was almost to A&E!

And what are you going to do about it?

Page 60 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread Information