Page 64 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

I'm very sorry to hear that but don't use your poor relative as an excuse for your HA?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Been slightly obsessing with my ankle last few days. I have a slight weakness/mild pain in what I believe is the 'Peroneal' tendon under that bony lump on the outside of your ankle - my left one.

It sort of gives out with some very mild pain when I walk or stand up - at random, and doesn't happen all the time. I don't fall over, just gives a slight twinge and puts me ever so slightly off balance.

Unfortunately I remember the film about Stephen Hawkings when he started falling over a lot, so obviously this is a MND worry. I've been trying to do some self-tests like the Babinski one
    It could be an injury after football Monday night though.
    After the dramatic build up of your opening sentences, this is a major disappointment!

You've hurt your ankle playing footie Mr L. You're not Stephen Hawking. You don't have MND.

Step away from the bunny hole!!

Hi all, not sure why I'm writing on here about this, but I count people on here as my friends.

My father passed away yesterday, 3 hours away on a trip to meet up with old friends. Suspected heart attack.

I've never felt such emptiness, he was like a brother or best friend to me. My heart is absolutely broken, and I'll miss him forever. He's so far away right now. This feels like a nightmare.

I'm so very sorry for your loss, Mr. L.

I'm so very sorry too..It's shocking news and I doubt whether you can make any sense of it at all yet.

Can you be with your Mum..just to comfort each other and talk?

Yeah, I stayed with my mum last night, couldn't leave her alone in the house by herself.

She's the strongest person I know, very rarely breaks down, and to hear her crying herself to sleep was absolutely awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Yeah, I stayed with my mum last night, couldn't leave her alone in the house by herself.

She's the strongest person I know, very rarely breaks down, and to hear her crying herself to sleep was absolutely awful.
    It's the absolute worst news to hear..You must be in a state of shock. No matter how strong your Mum is nothing prepares you for sudden bereavement. She's going to need you around her to help with all the inevitable arrangements which will have to be made in due course.

Please just post on here if you think we can help you in any small way..

MrL, I'm so sorry to hear that you have lost your father. It's going to put you all through immense emotional upheaval in processing this lose and supporting your loved ones so don't be afraid to ask for support because I'm sure you will get plenty on here.

You might find your anxiety finding ways to get at you by using this because your defences lowered. Others on here have found this. Try not to be too hard on yourself if it does and don't let it add to your grief by trying to make you feel guilty about thinking of your worries when you think you should be concentrating on others. That's another trick in it's arsenal.

Condolences to your family

Thanks all.

I've had a dreadful day, haven't stopped crying. It hurts so bloody much.

We shared everything. He suffered from panics and anxiety, and I always felt I had someone to talk to about this stuff in him.

The night times are the worst, he would ring me everynight at 10pm for a long chat. I'll miss that so much.

Please say it gets easier.....

Sorry for your loss Mr L. It takes time but yes, it does get easier.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 64 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114164 ... LastLast

Thread Information