Page 72 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Thanks for the replies on this all.

No I don't take any medication for reflux usually.

But I took yoru advice and gulped on Gaviscon for a few days, as well as eating pretty plain and bland food. Seems to have worked, although I did drink a hot tea yesterday which really hurt as it went down my gullet - could I have burnt my oesophagus? I have a habit of wolfing down food and drinks before they have cooled down, and I have burnt my throat before swallowing something far too hot.

However, now, my stomach has flared up. And I've been feeling really bloated, sore and uncomfortable below my rib cage. Nothing's shifting it, not passing wind or going to the toilet. Obviously this is quite rare to happen, but pains under the rib cage as well as bloating in that area could be pancreatic c, which my uncle died of recently. Obviously I'm really reaching here, but I don't know what also this pain could be. I've been eating plainly and sparingly........

Or is this once again some form of IBS?

You have a pain under your ribs and it must be pancreatic cancer because you don’t know what else it could be? Come on Mr L….. I KNOW you have more self awareness than this!
    But I get you are suffering. The pain is real. The anxiety is real. The pancreatic cancer is not real.

You never know what any of your symptoms could be other than cancer though. Every single time. I know you've been through such a lot recently but please don't give yourself any more unnecessary angst?

How is your Mum?

Well I know that pancreatic cancer would be really far-fetched, yes. But this is really uncomfortable and it's stressing me out (again). I even went for a 5 mile jog a few days ago because exercise helps with anxiety and all that, but it was still there.

My mum is doing ok-ish thanks Pulisa, but I am worried about her. I've never seen her this upset for a prolonged period of time and that in itself hurts. Seeing the strongest person you know suffer, especially after all she's been through. She cared for both her parents when they became elderly, then became an emergency contact for two other elderly relatives in the village, and then looked after my dying uncle. Then life repays her by killing off her husband. Just what is that about? Life is just cruel and unfair.

Yes it is..She must be absolutely traumatised by how sudden it was. Why do the kindest and most decent people get such an unfair deal in life whereas the oxygen thieves seem to get away with so much without a care in the world..

She'll need you, Mr L..I'm so sorry that you are all suffering so much.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I have a habit of wolfing down food and drinks before they have cooled down, and I have burnt my throat before swallowing something far too hot.
    Me too. I'm no stranger to having to pound on my chest to help a hot chip on it's way down because I've tossed the bugger in whole.

However, now, my stomach has flared up. And I've been feeling really bloated, sore and uncomfortable below my rib cage.
    Mint tea cocker. Works for me. Rifts the wind in no time..

but pains under the rib cage as well as bloating in that area could be pancreatic c,
    Or it could be bloating due to taking Gaviscon? (like I had) bloating causes pain.

The Big G also affected my colon (constipation) so I had to up the magnesium to compensate.

This ain't the big C Mr Lurcher. This is minor gut shizzle which your naughty little HA gremlin is taking advantage of and attempting to pull your plonker (again)

P.S CHEW YOUR FOOD!

Well I nearly lasted a month.

I’m absolutely shattered. For months and months now, and getting worse, Im feeling shattered. This has been going on before my father passed.

No matter how much I sleep, I wake up feeling like I’ve been out on the lash. Eyes sticking together, stinging, just exhausted. I sometimes feel like I could fall asleep at my desk, and Ive actually fallen asleep soon after eating dinner.

Worried that this is something physical, but Im also thinking is it a part of depression. I think im proper depressed atm, I havent enjoyed playing football, spending time with my girls or anything recently. I hate feeling like this.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 17-10-21 at 22:00.

Hi all, back again.

This post is ironic because I reassured someone on the same issue recently.

About 3 weeks ago I had my flu jab, and I had exactly the same symptoms as my second covid jab - pain in the arm, and also armpit swelling and pain.

But 3 weeks later and my armpit is still a little bit tender and uncomfortable. Starting to worry about lymph issue etc.........surely there shhouldn't be any issues 3 weeks after a jab?

Hi all, not sure why no-one seems to replying to me anymore?

Having a crap week. My stomach has flared up again like it used to during my bowel worries phase years ago. It feels sore and bloated all over and even painful when I move around or bend down. Also tender when I press down next to belly button and around that area. My stools are actually normal, so don't know what's going on here.

I'm starting to get niggling doubts whether I could have undiagnosed Crohn's which is relapsing on it's own, the pain seems to be a bit more concentrated in the Ileum area which I know can manifest Crohns, and be difficult to diagnose. Or am I reaching there?

Anyone out there? Would appreciate someone to talk to, as I can't really talk to anyone in my family about these issues anymore.

Hey, you.

Drop me a DM and we can talk, okay?

Page 72 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482122172 ... LastLast

Thread Information