Page 73 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Have you got IBS Lurcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    That's what I've been told by docs in the past after having normal tests - stool sample, various blood tests, sigmoidoscopy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Catkins View Post
    That's what I've been told by docs in the past after having normal tests - stool sample, various blood tests, sigmoidoscopy etc.

But yeah, I've had some IBS type symptoms for 15 years, but these stomach pains and bloating only began a few years ago.

It still could be part of the IBS.

Great, my mum rang me tonight and during our chat she asked what does mhy IBS pains feel like.

For the past 4/5 days she's been having pains, bloating and shooting pains in her lower left quadrant. She says she feels better but I don't know if she's just saying that to me because I said I was worried.

I'm very concerned about her now. She's 62, so at that age where things can happen, and we seem to be cursed as a family so I wouldn't be surprised if there's something wrong. I told her if she's still in pain by Monday to ring the doctor, but my brother is also getting married next week and obviously it's going to be a dark cloud over it if mum's not well.

I hate life, really hate it.

My anxiety is sky high at the moment.

On top of my mums' worries, my youngest daughter has been complaining of a bad belly the past day or so. She had very watery diarrhea this morning, and had hardly ate her packed lunch yesterday and today. I know I shouldn't, but I'm getting concerned about her having IBD or something.

You've done this before

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You've done this before
    I know, I found the old thread. She's better now, however she was was sick at my brothers wedding on Thursday and had still had watery diarrhea.

Now I've come down with something. My stomach feels all queasy, with an aching pain down my right flank, and I had two boughts of watery diarrhea, along with a normal BM this morning. I imagine this is the bug, but my anxiety is telling me it's something else.

Then on top of that, my mum told me this morning her pain in her lower left stomach area is back. Great.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 18-12-21 at 10:47.

Oh blo**dy hell, I'm starting to worry about IBD or even worse now.

So this morning, it wasn't like diarrhea, it was like water or very runny mucous. And this is embarrassing, but last night I farted, and it was a very large wet fart with mucous/some stool.

I did drink a LOT of alcohol Thursday day and night (it's now saturday), which I don't usually do, so I don't know if I've irritated by stomach a bit. Or alternatively it could be the bug my youngest had last week.

My stomach pain also woke me up, and I've read that IBS doesn't do that and it's a red flag.

Sounds like you have/had a bug. Mucus can be from inflammation or irritation. You said you had a lot of alcohol and that on top of the bug is not a good mix so I’m not surprised you’re having this issue. Try eating bland and drinking water and see if your gut calms down. I’ve had issues off and on for a couple of weeks, but for some reason I have it this time of year. Don’t know if it’s stress, because nine years ago I felt a lump in my breast around Christmas ,and it did turn out to be cancer or if it’s just stress due to other thing’s. Also we lost my dad in 2018, so holiday’s are even harder for me. But usually I eat bland and it calms down which seems to be the case this time as well. I have IBS and gastritis and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with issues as well. Be kind to yourself and try and relax. Anxiety makes gut issues even worse.

Page 73 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583123173 ... LastLast

Thread Information