Page 74 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    Sounds like you have/had a bug. Mucus can be from inflammation or irritation. You said you had a lot of alcohol and that on top of the bug is not a good mix so I’m not surprised you’re having this issue. Try eating bland and drinking water and see if your gut calms down. I’ve had issues off and on for a couple of weeks, but for some reason I have it this time of year. Don’t know if it’s stress, because nine years ago I felt a lump in my breast around Christmas ,and it did turn out to be cancer or if it’s just stress due to other thing’s. Also we lost my dad in 2018, so holiday’s are even harder for me. But usually I eat bland and it calms down which seems to be the case this time as well. I have IBS and gastritis and sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with issues as well. Be kind to yourself and try and relax. Anxiety makes gut issues even worse.
    Hi StephA, thanks for the reply. Sorry to hear about you cancer diagnosis a few years ago, I can see how this time would serve as a reminder. Also, I can sympathise about your dad. My dad passed away in July, and it still hurts every day. I mentioned him in my speech for my brothers wedding, and that was hard.

I've worried about my bowels for a good few years, so I should know better, however my anxiety has been pretty high the past few months and I just can't reassure or handle this myself right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    I just can't reassure or handle this myself right now.
    So how will words on a screen help?

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So how will words on a screen help?

FMP
    Helps to talk.

Hi Mr. Lurcher, I'm sorry you're worried about your gut again. I did this dance last nov/dec (offline, which is where I do my very best worrying .) If it helps at all, I know several people who have/had IBS. One of them is doing just fine on meds and diet adjustments despite having a high stress life. Another made it to age 93.
    I do hope it all calms down for you (and your loved ones!) and I wish you as much peace as the holidays and new year can bring

Sorry I've not responded so far, and I'm sorry you're back in this place again. It must be a very difficult part of a difficult year for you.

I doubt there's anything I can do to help with your worries, I just wanted to put some good wishes in your direction.

Me too, Mr L. You're a good, kind man who has had a lot to cope with this year. Christmas must be particularly hard. Just try not to over analyse and spiral? Your girls want their Dad to share their Christmas and not be worrying about IBS symptoms. Your family will want you to be with them not with your HA thoughts.

Hi all, thanks all, thanks for the replies - I know I'm not worthy. An hour ago, I would've had a positive reply to you all. I've had a nice day, we went to a local gardens which had a grotto, kids had a great time, so did we.

However, went to a cafe afterwards, had food. After food I felt gassy, so went to the toilet to break wind, and (don't laugh) ended up sharting very wetly, followed by very watery diarrhea - similar to what my daughter had last week. I was horrified because I hate using public toilets and I don't tend to have accidents like that in public. Ended up having a panic attack and had to leave early. I'm distraught, I really think there's something seriously going on with my bowels now because this is very different to my IBS a few years ago - and the public accidents is new.

Christmas now ruined for me because I'm obsessing over IBD now, I even thoroughly checked my poo earlier which is something I haven't done for 2 years.

I haven't mentioned this on here either yet, but I've been having very dark thoughts over the past few weeks (not HA related), and right now I feel like I don't want to be here. Life is hard enough without a serious chronic illness.

This happens to everyone occasionally, I promise. It's not a horrible disease, just a horrible thing to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    This happens to everyone occasionally, I promise. It's not a horrible disease, just a horrible thing to happen.
    Thanks for the reply BI, I really wish I could believe that.

Stomach and bowels haven't been right for like 5 days now, and this is the worst bought so far. I don't know if I'll need to go down the Sigmoidoscopy route again to get through this. I'm in a complete mess.

You mean you haven't cleaned yourself up already? Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's happened to me after a vegan curry, and when I've been under stress.

Page 74 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread Information