Page 75 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You mean you haven't cleaned yourself up already? Sorry, couldn't resist.

It's happened to me after a vegan curry, and when I've been under stress.
    Ha, no, I'm all good.

If it was after a curry or something I would understand, but I've barely eaten over the last few days. It all points to one thing now.....

I feel terrible now, just been on the phone to my mother in bits and tears. She doesn't need me offloading like that on her.

Just rang the docs as well to see if I can have a late phone consultation but no-one available.

This is Crohn's disease or something, I just know it now.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-12-21 at 16:32.

Mr. L, I'm fairly sure I am your age or younger and this has happened to me. In fact, it happened to me (albeit in the privacy of my own bathroom) on the first day of COVID Lockdown in my locale, and I was so disturbed I treated the whole area like a biohazard site and pretty much bleach bombed everything in sight and threw out the clothing I was wearing, because I was that convinced it was COVID. It wasn't. It was some very greasy food I had had several days before, plus incredible stress.

Really, genuinely -- what your describing sounds more like possible food poisoning or stress-induced issues. All the best... take a deep breath!

Quote Originally Posted by kyllikki View Post
    Mr. L, I'm fairly sure I am your age or younger and this has happened to me. In fact, it happened to me (albeit in the privacy of my own bathroom) on the first day of COVID Lockdown in my locale, and I was so disturbed I treated the whole area like a biohazard site and pretty much bleach bombed everything in sight and threw out the clothing I was wearing, because I was that convinced it was COVID. It wasn't. It was some very greasy food I had had several days before, plus incredible stress.

Really, genuinely -- what your describing sounds more like possible food poisoning or stress-induced issues. All the best... take a deep breath!
    Thanks for the reply. I'm 35 btw.

It was my brothers' wedding last Thursday and I was quite stressed/anxious. My father died 4 months ago and I had to talk about him in my speech, and tbh, I've been very depressed since he died as well. My youngest was also ill with a diarrhea bug last week - she had on and off watery poo, and ended going sick on the table at dinner in the wedding. I woke up 2 days after the wedding with very watery diarrhoea and stomach pain. Stomach has been queasy every since, with some pains, and I've had some normal stools and diarrhoea. Today being the worse bought since Saturday. My daughter's on and off watery diarrhea lasted around 6-7 days so I'd like to hope that's what I have, but I can't help but think I'm dealing with something serious because the symptoms are a little different.

I've got a horrible bloating burning pain under my ribs now, what the hell is going on with my body.

Just want out of life, my mental health can't cope with a physical illness as well.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-12-21 at 16:54.

You've got a bug, and you're stressed. Keep your fluid intake up and be gentle with yourself. I'm confident that there's nothing majorly wrong with you.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You've got a bug, and you're stressed. Keep your fluid intake up and be gentle with yourself. I'm confident that there's nothing majorly wrong with you.
    Thanks for reply BI. Bugs usually give you chronic diarrhea though, hence why I can't believe that's what's going on. I've been to the toilet 3 times since that episode now, not diarrhea exactly, just small formed stools. My lower abdomen feels queasy and under my ribs feels bloating and burning, it's not looking good.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-12-21 at 20:07.

I caved in and rang 111, in a terrible panic tonight.

The nurse went through my symptoms, and shes advises following up with my GP tomorrow. Great, worried sick now. Merry xmas me.

I'm very convinced this is crohn's now, nothing else explains it.

This is a standard response from 111 though. Did the call handler mention Crohns/IBD or is this the conclusion you have reached yourself?

Thanks for the reply Pulisa. I brought it up because she asked me what was I worried about....

I asked if she thought it could be a bug and she said its not typical bug pattern, a reoccurring episode after 4 days etc.

I know ive worried about my bowels for years, but this really doesnt feel too good this time.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 23-12-21 at 21:32.

After a bug sometimes it takes things awhile to go back to normal. It’s called post infectious IBS. I’ve had these same thoughts myself so I get it. Hang in there.

Page 75 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785125175 ... LastLast

Thread Information