Page 79 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Why seek this thread out? It's complete self-sabotage.
    I know, I know. Don't know what I was thinking. I was probably looking for reassurance that my symptoms were not the same, but it's gone the opposite.

Sorry for tmi, but my diarrhea has turned into complete water now, can't decide if this is a good thing or bad thing. Good thing that the bug is getting cleared out?

Could it be that my daughters' body's way of removing the bug was through vomiting and mine is through diarrhea? Desperately clutching at anything right now.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 24-12-21 at 20:52.

Trouble is you will always find a reason to doubt any reassurance given here or by your GP..or by anyone.. Rather than ask an online anxiety forum why not clutch at the reassurance your GP gave you only this morning? That's far better than seeking out stuff on here which you know will frighten you more.

Hey MrLurcher.

I've been thread diving this evening as I've been having a really rough last few days, and it must be fate as, I'm currently going through the same thing. I have a wicked nasty stomach bug which has gone through my little family like a wildfire. I made a thread about it today because it's had me all worked up. I've been having exactly what you are describing all day and it has been quite relentless. Sounds like you've got the bug too! It's horrible and not the way I want to be spending my Christmas. It makes me miserable when it's happening, and I have to drop everything and run to the loo.

I was in full panic mode this morning, really shocked at the amount of fluids I was losing. But a kind user here helped calm my nerves. I got some rehydration dissolvables from the pharmacy and yes, it's still terrible and it's the *worst* time of the year for it to be happening but during my moments of despair I've started to remind myself that, it's just a bug, it's a natural process and it will pass. At some point I'm hoping those words will stick with me but they might help you! Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle to rid us of this nasty bug.

Quote Originally Posted by kalny View Post
    Hey MrLurcher.

I've been thread diving this evening as I've been having a really rough last few days, and it must be fate as, I'm currently going through the same thing. I have a wicked nasty stomach bug which has gone through my little family like a wildfire. I made a thread about it today because it's had me all worked up. I've been having exactly what you are describing all day and it has been quite relentless. Sounds like you've got the bug too! It's horrible and not the way I want to be spending my Christmas. It makes me miserable when it's happening, and I have to drop everything and run to the loo.

I was in full panic mode this morning, really shocked at the amount of fluids I was losing. But a kind user here helped calm my nerves. I got some rehydration dissolvables from the pharmacy and yes, it's still terrible and it's the *worst* time of the year for it to be happening but during my moments of despair I've started to remind myself that, it's just a bug, it's a natural process and it will pass. At some point I'm hoping those words will stick with me but they might help you! Here's hoping for a Christmas miracle to rid us of this nasty bug.
    Hi Kalny, just read your thread and it's nice to hear I'm not alone - not nice for you obviously! It's pretty miserable. I was nearly sick twice last night but nothing came up. I had a very similar bug 2 years ago, just watery diarrhea, nausea and stomach cramps - so I should know better than to worry about sinister issues again, but my anxiety has been awful recently so I just can't control it. I wish I'd been sick because that would 100% confirm a bug, but I've just had nausea.

I've also got the sachets, diarolyte, and bought a few bottles of Lucozade.

It's been a tough year for us, so I really just wanted to enjoy this christmas break, and now it's ruined for me. :-( I'm also the main cook on xmas day, but I'm going to have to step away from the kitchen this year.

Hope we both start feeling better soon.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 24-12-21 at 22:28.

You can have a bug with only diarrhea and nausea. There are many types of GI infections. They can do tests to determine what you have and treat accordingly if they need to. From what I understand most of these things clear up on their own though. Hope you have a better night and are able to relax a little bit.

Pretty stressed right now. Been having to go to the toilet every hour, passing water each time. This is really frightening. I also feel very nauseous again and lying down makes me feel sick.

Wouldnt be surprised if I ended up in A&E at this rate.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 25-12-21 at 04:10.

Unfortunately, your anxiety is probably making it worse.

You need to learn to reassure yourself about these things.

Try to keep your fluids up and take the dioralyte regularly. Being dehydrated will make you feel worse.

I know you're feeling very scared but A&E isn't an appropriate choice. You just have to wait for this to pass through your system. I'm sorry it's spoiled your Christmas but hopefully your partner can take over the cooking? Just rest and drink the flat lucozade/dioralyte to replace all the necessary body salts which are quickly lost with diarrhoea. You'll get better but try not to catastrophise no matter how many times you have to rush to the loo?

Thanks for the replies both.

I just wasnt expecting that to happen overnight, I was hoping for a good rest and sleep.

If it was a bug I should be better by now no? Im just getting worse :-( also a bug wouldnt keep me up at night - we know what does that...

Yes bugs keep you up at night and they can last for days. Your reaction doesn’t help here .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 79 of 187 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread Information