Page 87 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    So my partner has just told me that our daughter woke up at 6 this morning and had diarrhoea, then went back to sleep. Not good at all, that's classic IBD behaviour.

I'm spiralling big time now. She didn't check her poo closely for blood or anything which she should have done.

I read a few threads on netmums about young children with crohns and it's scaring me big time now. She is still looking very tired today, and has shown no interest in food since breakfast.

My poor little girl, this isn't fair. We don't deserve this after what we've been through.

My partner basically said last night she is going to have to walk away if I carry on because I'm scaring her with all my worries about my daughter, and it's affecting her mentally.

I told her I'd take a step back this week and leave them to eating times, but I'm pretty, pretty sure she has something serious going on. I just don't know what to do, nobody will listen to me anymore.

I feel like I just want to end it all now because I just cannot take this stress and worry, it's all too much. I'm not strong enough.
    Your partner doesnt need to check anything since it obviously feeds into your anxiety. Kids can have random stomach issues. My kids have had it before and have been fine. My mother in law has crohns, your post is really insensitive to people who actually have it. And who knows her stomach issues may be from you projecting your anxiety onto her.

Sorry if it's insensitive, I don't mean to offend on here. Just a 5 year old having Crohn's is pretty devastating.

So you wouldn't be worried at all if one of your children was tired a lot, eating poorly for almost 2 weeks, and showing little interest in food?

So my partner has just told me that our daughter woke up at 6 this morning and had diarrhoea, then went back to sleep. Not good at all, that's classic IBD behaviour.

She didn't check her poo closely for blood or anything which she should have done.

I read a few threads on netmums about young children with crohns and it's scaring me big time now. She is still looking very tired today, and has shown no interest in food since breakfast.

My poor little girl, this isn't fair. We don't deserve this after what we've been through.

My partner basically said last night she is going to have to walk away if I carry on because I'm scaring her with all my worries about my daughter, and it's affecting her mentally.

I told her I'd take a step back this week and leave them to eating times, but I'm pretty, pretty sure she has something serious going on. I just don't know what to do, nobody will listen to me anymore.

I feel like I just want to end it all now because I just cannot take this stress and worry, it's all too much. I'm not strong enough.
    Have you ever, ever, EVER been right about one of your hunches before?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Have you ever, ever, EVER been right about one of your hunches before?
    Not really no, however it's different when it's someone else experiencing symptoms which is out of your control. I know with me that my anxiety makes things worse.

It's not different, you're still catastrophising. And honestly, if your daughter's picking up on your fears (and she will), the anxiety could well be wreaking havoc on her gut too.

Has anything I've described not sound concerning at all?

Not really no, however it's different when it's someone else experiencing symptoms which is out of your control. I know with me that my anxiety makes things worse.
    Just a few weeks ago you decided that your Mum's abdo pains were very bad news/obviously really sinister. Then you moved onto your own issues again. Everything is "classic" current feared disease. Everything is dramatic. Your partner can't cope with it. Maybe your little girl's appetite will pick up if you give her some space at meal times and let her eat without being scrutinised/monitored? Maybe her stomach will settle down as well? At least give it a try?

I know I'd be off my food if I knew somebody was sifting through my crap every time I went.

You won't find gold in there, Mr L, literally or figuratively.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Just a few weeks ago you decided that your Mum's abdo pains were very bad news/obviously really sinister. Then you moved onto your own issues again. Everything is "classic" current feared disease. Everything is dramatic. Your partner can't cope with it. Maybe your little girl's appetite will pick up if you give her some space at meal times and let her eat without being scrutinised/monitored? Maybe her stomach will settle down as well? At least give it a try?
    That's what I've decided to do, because my partner has decided (unfairly imo) that it's my nagging about food that could be the problem. However what I've described could very well be something sinister couldn't it.

I wasn't around for lunch today and all she's eaten is half a sandwich, about 1/4 of an apple and a few crisps. She also had a cake, but barely touched it. That's not her at all.

How do you know what she has or hasn't eaten?

Page 87 of 187 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997137 ... LastLast

Thread Information