Page 95 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Various Health Fears

Re: Various Health Fears

Excellent news about your daughter Mr L.

Hope you dad is better soon FMP.

Very pleased to hear this news, Mr L..Please let the doctor decide what is wrong with her rather than Google though? I hope your little girl is feeling better and can have a few days of rest at home with you before more tests on Monday..but it's looking good in my book.

You must be very worried about your dad, FMP and oesophageal surgery is tough. I hope things improve over the weekend and please keep us posted? My son was actually born without an oesophagus which caused a few problems as you can imagine!!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You must be very worried about your dad, FMP and oesophageal surgery is tough. I hope things improve over the weekend and please keep us posted? My son was actually born without an oesophagus which caused a few problems as you can imagine!!
    Just talked to him. He's doing better. He's in his late 80's so yeah, the body is failing but he's been able to eat a bit and probably will be discharged after the weekend. He lives on his own in an apartment but I think its time he considered assisted living. We'll see.

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Glad your baby is home Mr L. I’m sure there will be time for questions later.

Best wishes for your Dad FMP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the kind messages all. Sorry to hear about your father FMP, I hope everything goes well with him. Any surgery is tough, but must be hard at that age. Best of luck.

She's doing alright, brighter and happier than what she was last week. Last week and up until Thursday, she was crashing around 5-6pm, but she was still quite bright last night at 9pm after her Vitamin K treatment. Still not eating as well as she usually does, but she's showing more interest. But been playing (and arguing) with her sister.

I'm already getting anxious and queasy about her repeat blood tests tomorrow though. Just praying they continue to show improvement.

The paediatric ward at the hospital have been fantastic so far with her, marvellous, lovely people.

I'm glad she is a bit brighter and has more energy, Mr L. It sounds as though she is getting better but I appreciate that you will feel more reassured when the blood tests confirm this.

However..the positive news is that she's at home with you and not being monitored intensively around the clock so that must indicate a significant improvement. The best thing for you to do would be to let her doctors do the assessment/diagnosing now. Dr Googling is pointless and harmful to YOUR mental health and she needs a dad who is focusing on her recovery not on scaring himself witless.

Thanks for the update Mr L.
    Glad she’s improving

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So glad she's doing better!

She's just been checked over by the docs before her repeated blood tests and her liver is still enlarged/inflammed., and hasn't returned to normal size. My partner didn't say if they said anything about that - being expected, or it should be better etc.

We're in a panic again, I feel absolutely sick with worry. She still hasn't had bloods taken yet, so it's just more torturous waiting.
    Last edited by MrLurcher; 31-01-22 at 11:29.

So it was an observation about her liver enlargement and didn't mean immediate blood tests and concern from the docs? Can't your partner ask the doctors about this rather than you both panicking when the situation hasn't been elaborated on?

Page 95 of 187 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast

Thread Information