Thread: Scared to Death I have a Brain Tumor

Scared to Death I have a Brain Tumor

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if anyone can relate to this or not. It would be a huge reassurance for me if someone has. A few months back I was at work and I went to stand up to walk out of the room and I got really confused where I was, walking back and forth. I figured it out after a few seconds but it was a scary feeling. Fast forward to last week, I am driving down the road, on a familiar road I drive everyday mind you, and then all of a sudden I didn't recognize my surroundings. I was confused and didn't know which way to turn and once I made a turn onto another road I realized where I was. I chalked both of these incidences up to stress and anxiety and not getting the proper amount of sleep. However, a few days after this incident I have slight dizziness when I move my head or look straight ahead and my vision seems all catywampus (which makes me even dizzier) when I look far away so I grabbed my glasses and have been wearing them again. I have suffered health anxiety for years but these symptoms have caused me to go into full panic mode. Googling these symptoms have put me over the edge as it is all gloom and doom. I'm sure some have had moments of confusion from time to time where they didn't know where they were even though they have been there many times. If so, provide me with some reassurance. I literally haven't slept in 3 days. I've gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep in the last 3 days because of this worry. I'm not a super great sleeper anyway so I have tried to convince myself that it is stress, anxiety, and maybe a lack of sleep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Scared to Death I have a Brain Tumor

First things first, a bit of a telling off. You admit that you’ve suffered with HA for years so surely you know that googling symptoms is an absolute no no?

Second, brain tumours don’t really cause on and off symptoms, as any symptom produced by a tumour is caused by the mass putting pressure on certain cranial nerves. Logic dictates that this surely would produce constant and of course, progressive symptoms.

I would wager that a lack of sleep combined with existing anxiety issues is the cause of this. The fact it seems to be more prevalent as your anxiety increases is also a bit of a giveaway.

If you’re really at a point of not sleeping for days you should seek help from your doctor. Your symptoms aren’t suggestive of anything nasty, but a chat with your doctor would go a long way in easing your concerns and hopefully give you a clear mind that you can rest.

Re: Scared to Death I have a Brain Tumor

Probably worth getting check by a doctor to put your mind at rest. Im sure stress and anxiety can cause confusion dizziness etc. Your not sleeping will make it worse. If you are worrying i bet your diet wont be good either.

Thread Information