Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Carnivores diet

Re: Carnivores diet

Hi Joe, I hear what you're saying and it's logical to suspect commercial diets of wanting their customers to keep returning for further dieting sessions. Anyway it's looking like Mrs F won't be able to continue for the reasons I mentioned. The Slimming World diet tends to push you towards high fibre foods, fruit and veg etc that she can't digest with her Crohns disease. She's had a lot of pain and now bleeding.

We weren't going to weekly meetings as we can't afford it. However I'm going to keep on with trying to lose weight by choosing to eat healthier food and smaller portions, I really have to do something.

Re: Carnivores diet

Quote Originally Posted by fishman65 View Post
    Hi Joe, I hear what you're saying and it's logical to suspect commercial diets of wanting their customers to keep returning for further dieting sessions. Anyway it's looking like Mrs F won't be able to continue for the reasons I mentioned. The Slimming World diet tends to push you towards high fibre foods, fruit and veg etc that she can't digest with her Crohns disease. She's had a lot of pain and now bleeding.

We weren't going to weekly meetings as we can't afford it. However I'm going to keep on with trying to lose weight by choosing to eat healthier food and smaller portions, I really have to do something.
    There should be solutions out there for people with Crohns. Doesn't Nic have that? She might know.

Diets tend to fail because they are unreasonable and people's expectations are too. Many just want to blast some flab off to get into their bikini (would that be a mankini for you? ) but they will just yo-yo. Aside from commercial diets making money there are plenty out there latching onto fads who are no different so you take from what can from them.

Reduce portion size, look at what's in your food (I love porridge but instant oats in those pots tend to have a higher sugar content even if they say no added sugar whereas bagged don't) and look to your habits. Look at what you do each day because people think it's all about hitting the gym. They don't seem to realise just how many calories digging in the garden burns, sweeping up and collecting leaves or cleaning tiles & cupboards. It's all a workout and will help you burn off amounts here and there without you realising. Just adding weight to your walks will start burning more too.

Weight you take off slowly can stay off because you get there through a commitment to regular change. People burning off 20lbs for the beach tend to put it back no again as they haven't worked out it's about living better rather than quick wins. I've lost over 15lbs and now it's slow. But I've put on muscle too from being more active and my fat %'s are only going down. It's not quick but it's staying off. I could change a lot more of my diet around for quicker results and not eat things I like but since I doubt I need to lose more than 5lbs now anyway it's something I can work towards with more exercise and keeping my diet stable.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information