Bit late to the thread here & I know it's old but just wanted to say I've eaten carnivore / strict low carb for 3 years now and I really can't see me ever going back minus the odd cheat meal. I was drawn in by the claims I read online too after I was hit my a car & had a period of being constantly ill afterwards, tried everything to get out the hole I was in but it was first low carb & then carnivore which made the difference for me.

Think like what was mentioned earlier in the thread it's a great elimination diet to find what foods might not sit well with you and if you want to loose weight it helps massively too because you are really never hungry I've found.
My wife has thyroid issues and after many months I managed to get her to try it too & it basically cleaned her anxiety & blood sugar drops completely after 1-2 months.

For me the main benefits were:
- Rarely hungry & rarely have cravings for "junk"
- more energy in general which help with anxiety/stress stuff
- I'm much much leaner - don't go to the gym but am in better shape now than when I did
- it's really simple - most meals are some high quality protein, some eggs, salt & butter
- much higher physical capacity - just renovated a house for 2 years non-stop & minus a few aches & pains my body has stood up it
- ill less or for less time - compared to 5 years ago I am ill less & if I get ill it generally doesn't hang on like it used to
- Heal quicker (maybe) - after my accident I was told I needed my knee in a brace 24/7 for 8-9 weeks, it came off after 4 weeks, I did physio myself into the ground too but I like to think diet helped too

Downsides:
- If you eat organic steak 2-3 meals a day it can get expensive but you do save it other areas
- First 15-30 days can be hard, you might get muscle cramps (so you need more salt) & have stomach issues. This is much less if you start with low carb first.
- You feel like a social alien when you go out to eat - I cheat a bit nowerdays but at the start it was tricky to eat out or at friends, "i'll have the burger but without the bread, veggies, dressing & ketchup, oh and could I get some butter & 4 eggs instead?"

So for me most the benefits have been physical but that in turn has helped me mentally too.

I think can probably get similar benefits from other diets that cut out processed foods but never feeling hungry made carnivore easier to stick too for me.

Not going to push this on anyone, just wanted to share that it's been positive for me & my wife