Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Please help - blood test result is bad

Please help - blood test result is bad

I took a call from my Dr after my blood test yesterday. My white cell count is apparently very low indeed, they didn't even ask me to go for a re test, they said I have to go for an urgent appointment this afternoon. I just know it is leukemia or lymphoma. I am a complete and utter mess. I am not even able to think straight. I had to leave work because I was in too much of a state to stay. I literally didn't know my anxiety could be this bad. I can't stop thinking about dying and how long I have left to live. I just can't actually do this.

Re: Please help - blood test result is bad

I'm so sorry, Cattia. Remember the mantra, though - It's not cancer 'til it's cancer.

Thinking of you.

You don't know it is anything serious yet - good luck.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I don't think they would insist I came in the same day if it wasn't bad. To be honest I feel like anxiety is going to kill me right here and now. Didn't even know it could be this bad.

Cattia - it could be an infection, viral illness, an immune disorder or glandular fever or anything. I know this probably won't even help you right now, as I know your panic will be terrible, but please try and hold on to the fact that there are many many reasons for a low count like this. They will want to straight away start looking for reasons for it, hence the urgent appointment. Cattia I am really so sorry you are facing this fear this afternoon, I would be imagining things too, but hold on in there this is the first step to making yourself feel better too. I know you've been feeling quite rough recently, as we've talked on another thread, and I really hope today will be your chance to get to the bottom of it. What time is your appointment ?
    Last edited by Carys; 06-11-19 at 15:39.

They may just want to give you antibiotics or something if they think it is an infection - you don't know and stressing out over it won't be good for your health.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I just can't actually do this.
    You can, and you will Cattia. Pull up your big girl pants, take a deep breath and get to the doctor. They want to make you well again, and get behind the cause, and whatever it is - your worst fear, or something that needs some other treatment, it needs to be done today. We will all be here thinking of you and wanting to know how you got on xxx

I know how you feel Cattia - i am going to give blood today because i had low neutrophils on my last check up. For what its worth, the doctors suspect its because of the infection i had at the time when i went in (i felt absolutely miserable, my head was a mess, i was congested, etc); but even that hasn't helped the worry. Its hard not to fear the worst, especially after slipping up again an googling.. *sigh*.

Hang in there, and take it one day at a time.

You've been in for a blood test because you had a fever recently, I assume?

So you have an infection, which is directly responsible for low white blood cell counts.

You need to look at the actual evidence, the reason why you had a blood test in the first place, not worst case scenarios.

They probably want you in to give you antibiotics.

Thank you all. My appointment is at 5. I'm thinking the fever was because of lymphoma. My mind is a mess. I will update. I really appreciate your support.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information