Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So worried about cervical cancer (red discharge)

So worried about cervical cancer (red discharge)

I'm currently getting checked for PCOS. Tomorrow I have a blood test, and in a few weeks I'll have a scan. I'm getting checked because my periods have always been irregular and someone told me that no, that isn't normal. I'm 25. I also this year attempted to get a smear test twice, but both times were unsuccesful because it was too painful. The first nurse said she wasn't even concerned since I haven't had sexual contact since I was a teen. The second nurse was more helpful and suggested I get something to help relax me.

My fear today though is because I just went to the bathroom to pee, and when I wiped there was some reddish discharge. A few days ago I also noticed red discharge in my underwear. I tried to think that maybe I was ovulating since it was 2 weeks since my last period (before that it had been 3 months since I had a period)
    but the discharge today, since it's more like 3 weeks now since my last period, has made me insanely anxious. Do you think I should also book in to see a doctor tomorrow, when I go for a blood test, and tell her about this? Or should I wait for my scan, and my smear test?

Re: So worried about cervical cancer (red discharge)

Well even if you get an appointment to see the dr 2marro your still gonna need the testing for an answer. Is it possible the dr can get your scan done sooner then a few weeks from now? I don't now how things work where you live.

No, it's not normal to go three months without a period but it's not uncommon and most of the time it's nothing serious. There are so many things can affect your cycle and stress is a big one. When I was younger my cycle was never regular. I would go months without a period and once I even went a full year. My mom took me to the dr and I had blood work and some other testing but a cause was never found. It wasn't until after I had my first child that my cycle became regular and even now i still go through periods where I wont get my cycle for a couple months. I have never been diagnosed with PCOS but last year my endocrinologist put me on Metformin for several months as I do have most of the signs of PCOS and my Testosterone levels had shown a steady increase each time it was tested. I had a serious case of PID years ago and was in the hospital for 13 days. As a result of the PID I ended up with a lot of female problems and have been in bad need of a hysterectomy for many years now. Drs didnt want to do it because of my age and my insurance didnt want to pay for it for the same reason... I on the other hand am ready for it to happen. I had my tubes tied with my last child and although I wanted a big family I'm perfectly happy with the three I have. Raising kids is hard work and expensive lol. I had just a couple more years to go before my first two would have been grown and then I messed around and got baby boomed. There is a 13 year difference between my middle child and my youngest... It's okay though, she is great, no regrets but yes I deff am done having kids and so I am hoping to have the hysterectomy sooner rather then later. Now that I'm older and have my tubes tied they should approve me. Anyways, sorry I'm rambling and got all the way off track... I suppose what I was trying to get at is that there really are so many different things that can cause issues like you are having and issues like I'm having, female issues problems in general and any one of the causes is much more likely then cancer.

Try not allow your anxiety to run rampant. They will try to get it all sorted for you, you just gotta be patient and go through the motions. On a side note, don't be terribly surprised if all your testing comes back completely normal. As I mentioned earlier, sometimes a clear answer is never found. Although it can be frustrating to have stuff like this happening to you and not have an answer for it, normal results are a good thing.

Good luck (((hugs)))
    Last edited by Careful1; 07-11-19 at 07:34.

Is it possible to have PCOS with normal blood results?

I've been getting checked for PCOS, today I had a pelvic scan which confirmed I do have cysts on my ovaries. But last week I had a blood test, checking for things like elevated testosterone and related things, and the results came back normal. I'll be going to follow up with my doctor next week to discuss my scan results, but, is it possible that I still have PCOS? My reason for getting checked is because my periods have been irregular for years, I gave my doctor my period dates from the last 3 years and she agreed that it did seem likely to be PCOS, and she refered me for the tests.
    But since my bloods came back normal, I'm pretty anxious about the fact that I know I have cysts now. I'm scared it could be because of something life threatening/worse than PCOS.

I'm so anxious about ovary scan results (cysts - ovarian endometrioma?)

I've been getting checked for PCOS because of irregular periods.. had a scan and she found cysts on both my ovaries, but one that was maybe larger than the others on my right, and I will be having a follow up scan in 6 weeks.
    I went to the doctor today to talk about my anxiety, he said the reason for the follow up is because the one on the right ovary might be what's known as a "chocolate cyst" (ovarian endometrioma). He explained that this is non cancerous but would need to be monitored, and some women have them removed (but he said since mine is relatively small, that might not be the case)
    I'm thankful he explained things more to me other than the "you have cysts, we'll see you in 6 weeks" that I was getting from others, but I'm still so, so anxious. I'm scared that in 6 weeks, maybe it'll be worse, if it is cancer or something.
    I'm just terrified

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: I'm so anxious about ovary scan results (cysts - ovarian endometrioma?)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

My eldest daughter (34) has PCOS and endometriosis and high elevated testosterone levels. The higher testosterone causes the PCOS. Her periods have been irregular since her twenties. She's always had regular smears which have been normal.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm trying to be less anxious about it, but it's hard. I turned 25 this year and here in the UK, this is when women start getting pap smears. I've attempted 2 but they were both unsuccessful because it was painful and the nurse didn't want to push it. I have my third attempt on Monday and I'm pretty nervous it's gonna fail again and that will mean they miss something. I'm hoping it won't.

But if there was some kind of tumour down there, do you think it would have been seen by the nurse who checked my ovaries with a camera, recently? I've spoken to my doctor about those results and shes explained about the type of cysts I might have and she tried to reassure me that they were very common.

I had an ultrasound that revealed a cyst on my ovary and I was immediately referred to a gynaecologist. I think the radiographers know what they are looking for, and if they were more concerned then you’d have been referred sooner.
    X

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    I had an ultrasound that revealed a cyst on my ovary and I was immediately referred to a gynaecologist. I think the radiographers know what they are looking for, and if they were more concerned then you’d have been referred sooner.
    X
    Yeah, that's true. I'm worried that my smear test on Monday (routine) might show something, ugh. I wish I could stop feeling anxious. I'm trying to reassure myself by thinking that something would have shown up on the ultrasound probably if there was anything else of concern.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information