Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Being sent to see Cardiologist

Re: Being sent to see Cardiologist

Hello everyone!

So I've recently gotten a new therapist (my old one is retiring) and it's been hard getting used to the change! It's like rebuilding a whole new relationship again, so I know it's gonna take some time to rebuild that up again!

I've been doing super well with my ha, I got a clean bill of health from a cardiologist a few weeks back. I've still had a high heart rate - but I've been doing good dealing with it. Tonight's been the first time since I've struggled, like its been hard to breath /just feeling like dread of something is going to happen. Like in suddenly about to drop. I'm doing my best to overcome it but it's a little hard!

Had a really rough last night with little sleep.... Not having a great day at work. I'm working 6-9.... I'm already feeling like I'm struggling on my feet and very breathless - b u t when I get through today I'm off till the 3rd of January! So gotta keep trucking! Also trying to remind myself I did do a stairs type exercise yesterday... So that might explain the leg issues
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 22-12-19 at 10:05.

Hi LouiseAndy,

Good news about the report from the cardiologist.
    Having a new therapist might turn out to be good for you as each therapist has a different approach and slant on their knowledge and practice. Could turn out well.
    When you get breathless try to think of that good report and it's only the same as a brisk walk or a little exercise. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi LouiseAndy,

Good news about the report from the cardiologist.
    Having a new therapist might turn out to be good for you as each therapist has a different approach and slant on their knowledge and practice. Could turn out well.
    When you get breathless try to think of that good report and it's only the same as a brisk walk or a little exercise. x
    Hi Carnation x Thank you so so much for the reply and the words x
    Sadly I've had a massive dip today, my heart rate been very high all day, I've been struggling to breath- just alot of bad feelings that have really put me on edge :( I can already feel it's going to be another long night. I'm trying to remind myself of the good tests but there's all these feelings that just make me panic. Like my body is so tense and I feel like such a burden on everyone I know.

You are not a burden.
    I think you need to do some meditation and muscle relaxation, look it up on YouTube, it's very easy.
    And just keep remembering what the cardiologist said.
    The feelings are just that. Feelings can change in seconds. Once you start to calm yourself, they will disappear. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    You are not a burden.
    I think you need to do some meditation and muscle relaxation, look it up on YouTube, it's very easy.
    And just keep remembering what the cardiologist said.
    The feelings are just that. Feelings can change in seconds. Once you start to calm yourself, they will disappear. x
    Thank you so so much again Carnation x I'll defo look into those vids.
    I'm thinking that since I woke up with a nasty headcold- my second one in a month that maybe it has something to do with my high heart-rate x It's been a hard day, my body is worn out and I can't get comfortable as my heart is beating so fast- about 120-ish if I'm guessing! It could be more. It's stay at that all day. Hoping I can perk up abit for the holidays tine

I'm trying to be reasonable with myself. That my heart rate is like between 105-120 and that isn't really that high. Given how sick I've been lately on/off its probably just my body fighting to heal itself. I had a friend say to me, it's amazing how sick I am in other ways and yet it's only my heart rate that bothers me (for example I coughed so hard loads of blood came up and i just shrugged it off) yet I'm so focused on this

Had the worst night in a long time.... Everytime I tried to sleep I just snapped up awake. I'm roasting even without the blanket, my heart rate had been on stop high- pushed up at the 150 now. There's just so much and I'm trying hard to stay positive but life's kicking me a lil bit
    Last edited by LouiseAndy; 24-12-19 at 07:18.

I end up going to swift care (which is a out of hours doctors run by my insurance) they just gave me tablets for a infection but didn't really listen to what I was saying. I'm feeling terrible sick and my heart rate was up at like 140-ish in there and I tried to talk to them but they just kept going and didn't say much. Just shoved me out with tablets, I feeling so upset and my family won't talk to me. I've truly been a horrible person and ruined Christmas

I had something very similar this time last year. Was so worried about my heart rate despite doctor reassurance. I stayed in hospital for a few nights because it wouldn’t come down and every time I tried to fall asleep I would jolt up with my heart being rapid, was clocked at a max of 170bpm during one of the episodes. Anyway, fast forward a year and it’s so much better. Finally I realised and started to believe it was just me doing it to myself with the constant worry. I’m by no means 100% but when I think back to how I was this time last year I’m very happy with the progress.

What I’m getting at is that you need to trust the medical professionals. I wasted many months of my life worrying about something that would calm down if I let it. I know it’s so much easier said than done but trust the professionals and try to keep yourself busy so you’re not constantly worrying. It has been a slow process for me over the past year, gradually improving without even really realising it.

I hope you enjoy your Christmas as much as you can this year. It won’t happen over night but I’m sure you will feel a whole lot better this time next year.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information