Quote Originally Posted by Alde View Post
I had something very similar this time last year. Was so worried about my heart rate despite doctor reassurance. I stayed in hospital for a few nights because it wouldn’t come down and every time I tried to fall asleep I would jolt up with my heart being rapid, was clocked at a max of 170bpm during one of the episodes. Anyway, fast forward a year and it’s so much better. Finally I realised and started to believe it was just me doing it to myself with the constant worry. I’m by no means 100% but when I think back to how I was this time last year I’m very happy with the progress.

What I’m getting at is that you need to trust the medical professionals. I wasted many months of my life worrying about something that would calm down if I let it. I know it’s so much easier said than done but trust the professionals and try to keep yourself busy so you’re not constantly worrying. It has been a slow process for me over the past year, gradually improving without even really realising it.

I hope you enjoy your Christmas as much as you can this year. It won’t happen over night but I’m sure you will feel a whole lot better this time next year.
Thank you so, so much for this reply! I'm sorry you had to go through something like this - it's a awful feeling but I'm glad you're on a good path now x

I think my biggest issue, was I was massively let down by doctors in the past so that things are still bad even after the tests it's just like - oh I've been let down once again. I know its not fair to hold every doctor to that and I am trying to work on it in therapy!

I guess because I've been so ill and that's probs lead to me having a higher heart rate--you know cause and effect. Its been non stop since I got the tests done so there's that doubt that makes you feel like something had to be missed--again probs the anxiety talking

Thank you so much again for the reply and I hope you have a lovely holiday season xx