Thread: Concerns About Stools

Concerns About Stools

Hi guys, I haven't posted on here in well over a year which I guess bodes quite well for my HA.

Basically a week ago I had a very nasty stomach bug with a lot of sickness and diarreah.

It took me about 4 days to get my energy back up and was able to get back onto solid food.

In the past 3 days I've been pretty much back to normal, which is just as well because I was meant to attend a friends birthday at a steak house.

I had a small steak which in hindsight wasn't the most sensible move considering that was a massive step from the dry crackers and soup I had been on.

Before and after this meal I went from diarreah to constipation in which I wasn't able to go at all.

The thing that has triggered my anxiety is that yesterday and today I have remained constipated and when I am able to go the stool takes on the form of undigested meat.

This has me terrified and the words cancer have flashed up in my brain. I'm currently juggling with thoughts of bowel cancer, stomach cancer and pancreatic cancer/pancreatitis.

The logical part of me is saying that this is my body trying to get back to normal after a nasty stomach bug but unfortunately thoughts of the worst case scenario are prevailing.

Does anybody have any thoughts or advice. Apologies for the long post. Many thanks.

Re: Concerns About Stools

Sounds to me like you had Norovirus. It is after all that time of year.

I really wouldn't worry about this - give it a week or so of normal eating and see what comes out the other end. Norovirus does play merry hell with your digestive system - been there, done that, spent ages mopping the bathroom floor afterwards.

Hi, I think your absolutely right about Noro Virus. Especially since it came on 2 days after visiting my grandad in hospital. Yeah I completely understand that it probably messed up my digestion. I think it just rang alarm bells because stool resembling meat and being pale in colour is something I've never experienced before. Thank you so much for your response.

I think someone once said to me that unless your stools are black or almost white then there is little cause for concern - although I'd add red into that equation. When I had the dreaded Noro I felt rubbish for 48 hours and lived on dry toast and water. I then thought I could have an ordinary meal.

Big mistake! It got very messy, very quickly. My digestive system hadn't recovered much.

A week of light meals is the best advice I can give you.

Meanwhile: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/norovirus/

That's savage you went through that. Glad you recovered eventually. Ok well my stools aren't white as such but they are pretty pale.

Mine are lighter brown than what most people think stools should be but they change colour when my diet changes. Shades of brown are good. As I said, eat lightly but varied and and you'll be fine.

I had stools of every color under the sun and am still alive you should of seen what dengue fever done to them you'll be fine and dandy

Charlie for a sec, I thought yous was talkin about the ones ya sit your bum on.

Yep Quinny I was I ruined the only decent furniture I got lol

Thread Information