Thread: Ate a piece of raw chicken by mistake and I'm freaking out now.

Ate a piece of raw chicken by mistake and I'm freaking out now.

I went to BBQ earlier today. I was told that a plate of kebabs was cooked. So I took one kebab and started to eat it. The texture seemed off to me.

When I took a closer look I realized it was uncooked and the plate was the uncooked plate.

I'm so worried now if getting food poisoning. I know that most likely I'll be OK, because I only took two.bites.

But that what if is bugging me.

Re: Ate a piece of raw chicken by mistake and I'm freaking out now.

Even raw chicken isn’t guaranteed to make you sick, there are places in the world that serve it raw on purpose.

Positive vibes,

Mouse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

A bbq in November ? Sorry to smile a little, surely you looked at the kebab just once before eating it, not even a glance before it went to your mouth or as you picked it up ? I mean totally uncooked fresh chicken is so very obvious. Then there is the chewing and swallowing bit - surely it was cold slimey and clearly uncooked as you bit into it ? but then you had another bite? (as had two)

I would firstly recommend in future that you start looking at your food before eating it, as it can tell you a great deal about a situation. Secondly, there really is nothing you can do about it right now, I know you are really stressed about it and I can see why, but probability is on your side that you won't have any problems and I sincerely hope that you don't. I guess you will know what it was if you do feel unwell, and be able to deal with it accordingly, but really as Mouse says not all chicken is going to make you definitely ill.
    Last edited by Carys; 07-11-19 at 18:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    A bbq in November ? Sorry to smile a little, surely you looked at the kebab just once before eating it, not even a glance before it went to your mouth or as you picked it up ? I mean totally uncooked fresh chicken is so very obvious. Then there is the chewing and swallowing bit - surely it was cold slimey and clearly uncooked as you bit into it ? but then you had another bite? (as had two)

I would firstly recommend in future that you start looking at your food before eating it, as it can tell you a great deal about a situation. Secondly, there really is nothing you can do about it right now, I know you are really stressed about it and I can see why, but probability is on your side that you won't have any problems and I sincerely hope that you don't. I guess you will know what it was if you do feel unwell, and be able to deal with it accordingly, but really as Mouse says not all chicken is going to make you definitely ill.
    I work n a middle eastern country that is extremely hot in the summer. People usually have BBQ outside on November to February months because it's cool enough.

Also, the food didn't look raw to me. Outside it looked cooked.

I work n a middle eastern country that is extremely hot in the summer. People usually have BBQ outside on November to February months because it's cool enough.
    Well,that explains that one.....as we are in a place where you can barely have a bbq mid-summer it seems extraordinary to imagine one in November !

Maybe it was just a badly cooked one then, that hadn't quite cooked to the middle ?

How ya doing now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Well,that explains that one.....as we are in a place where you can barely have a bbq mid-summer it seems extraordinary to imagine one in November !

Maybe it was just a badly cooked one then, that hadn't quite cooked to the middle ?
    Hi Carys,here in Cairns we bbq all year round.
    I have eaten raw chicken,must have a cast iron gut.lol and have been ok.

You'll most likely be fine. Even if you got sick, it would only last a short time. But, chances are nothing will happen. I ate several bites of raw chicken a few years ago at a rehearsal dinner when the chicken I was served was completely raw in the middle! It had been cooked around the edges so I didn't notice until a few bites into the center. I was so grossed out, but I did not get sick.

Thread Information