Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Been taken off effexor and out onto paroxetine. Was told to discontinue effexor.

Re: Been taken off effexor and out onto paroxetine. Was told to discontinue effexor.

Quote Originally Posted by WiredIncorrectly View Post
    Now it's stinging down there, and very sweaty. I ate a samosa about 3 hours ago ... surely that little spice can't be doing that already? I used to be able to eat super spicy food, like ghost chilli curries. These days even a tiny amount of spice gives me GERD and ring sting.
    The most serotonergic organ of the body by far is the gut which has its own mini brain, the enteric nervous system, and it can be far more affected by serotonergic antidepressants than the brain. The symptoms should diminish as the body adjusts to the med change, but this may take another week or two. Hang in their mate, it will get better!

Re: Been taken off effexor and out onto paroxetine. Was told to discontinue effexor.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    PS: Ask your pharmacist or GP about hyoscine butylbromide (Buscopan) to reduce the cramping and loperamide (Imodium) for the diarrhoea. In Australia both are available without prescription, but this may not be the case in the UK and I think you should discuss their use with your GP, or pharmacist anyway.
    Ian, for your future info these are both on the shelves over here. But to follow what you say it's possible to ask to talk to the pharmacist for advice or the assistants will at least ask for you if not.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Ian, for your future info these are both on the shelves over here.
    Thanks Terry

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Take a tums (or whatever the UK equivalent is, I don't remember)

Did you tell Ian about my theory, James?
    Ah yes. Sorry my medication brain makes things hazy at times.

The ups and downs make sense to some degree. But I don't know if this is something common with AS. I'm going to mention it tomorrow. Also, I changed from taking my new SSRI at around 3pm as opposed to early morning. Today I've had no pooping pains.

The anal sweating was a panic attack. I didn't realize it was a panic attack. My partner went to stay with my brother because they had a family christening today. My brother told me not to come because he's aware I can't travel the distance and probably couldn't sit in a church for 3 hours (because he booked the christening for same day as remembrance Sunday). My partner left and I had what appeared to be constant panic except I didn't feel the panic/fear. My body was still reacting. Which is completely crazy.

The reason I know it was panic is because she ended up coming back at 11pm because my son was being sick so my brother brought them home. When she arrived home the sweaty buttocks went away.

In terms of how I'm feeling ... pretty good this morning. Hopefully the good days are coming. It feels that way.
    Last edited by WiredIncorrectly; 10-11-19 at 12:25.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information