Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grief weight loss

Grief weight loss

I lost my beloved young dog in terrible circumstances he fell from my arms and died. He was ‘y favorite dog, I have many. I have been grieving too much to worry. However I have lost weight despite eating. I went from a 27/28 waist to 26. Maybe 4 lbs in a month. Everyday I have a coworker tell me I’m wasting away. I think it’s greif and I’m not too worried. I have no other symptoms of hyperthyroidism. I’m just wondering is this common

Re: Grief weight loss

No it's completely normal, but you made a post about comments about your weight before. Same co-worker? Should their opinion really matter?

I remember your previous posts about your busybody coworkers. Losing 4 pounds in a month isn't that much. But also, no one's business!

Quote Originally Posted by ankietyjoe View Post
    No it's completely normal, but you made a post about comments about your weight before. Same co-worker? Should their opinion really matter?
    It is! At first I thought She was being kind in my grief but she is all over me asking. And I just hate it

Quote Originally Posted by ErinKC View Post
    I remember your previous posts about your busybody coworkers. Losing 4 pounds in a month isn't that much. But also, no one's business!
    I’m prett small five feet 1 inch 115 lbs and I look smaller. But yes she’s a grief vampire

I was scaring myself I have hyperthyroidism but o have no other symptoms

Tell her to fvck off and mind her own business.

In other news, as I have said before I can easily lose/gain 4lbs in a day. 4lbs in a month is a non issue, even at your current size.

^^ wot 'e said!!

Like Joe says weight can fluctuate 4-5lbs across a day due to normal life e.g. eating, not pooing that day, taking on more water, etc. None of that is true weight gain or loss, it's like standing on a scale holding a bag of sugar then doing the same without it.

But losing 4lbs of true weight, fat or muscle, is proper weight loss but in a month that's actually a very realistic target. It's losing a higher volume over a short period of time that can be a red flag but then it's often something benign anyway.

You are grieving, and obviously struggling right now, and your body will be working differently. Just like an intense period of anxiety that goes on for weeks your body could be burning through your food much quicker leading to this. And you've worried about this weight loss before as Joe said and it was linked to comments from this co worker who I suspect is being a little bit bitchy.

Forget the idiot, concentrate on you & your ones. You've had an awful shock. You said you lose your dog, and how, but now have mentioned more about the event. I do wonder whether you are blaming yourself because fell? I kicked myself for ages when my pup jumped out of my arms when I lowering him but he was fine. He hurt his head as he whimpered and I felt like an absolute piece of... for that. Please talk to your loved ones for support. I suspect if you would have known what was coming you would have done all in your power to stop it as you clearly loved your dog very much and that's reflected in how hard this is hurting you.

Hi Missy

Let me tell yous how to put in weight

You need to eat hi calory crap. All the chow yous get told to avoid.

McDonalds with LL fries and double ketchup. Sodas. Chocolate. Sweet sugary shit.

Don't worry it ain't for life. Then when yous weight starts to rise yous can go back to healthy eating

Hope it helps I e had to do this on numerous occasions.

If you ain't hungry, make full fat milkshake with eggs and bananas

Charlie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information