Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange dizziness/Panic Attack

Strange dizziness/Panic Attack

I feel like I’ve taken big steps in the right direction recently. I’m currently seeing a Psychologist who really understands what I’m going through, yes the anxiety is still crippling but I’m pushing myself to make a change.

So back to my question....

I was in the kitchen earlier, just had something to eat, when I suddenly felt really dizzy! It’s as if things were turning 45 degrees. It happened for maybe 2-3 seconds and was followed by intense panic. I ran outside for some air but my head just felt really woozy and light. I then went upstairs to lie down, my head still felt woozy like it was going to happen again. I then had this tight squeezing sensation in my chest for like a split second. I’ve calmed down a bit now but just can’t help feeling something isn’t right! I had so many ECGs last year it’s just embarrassing to say.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Re: Strange dizziness/Panic Attack

Just a mini panic sensation. Dizziness is quite common with anxiety and can come on randomly. Make sure to eat well and stay hydrated as being hungry can cause or intensify this feeling. It happens but it's just a symptom of anxiety that the body loves to surprise us with. Give it as little reaction as you can and accept that anxiety can and often does show up as a floaty, off balance dizzy sensation.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by pinkyd View Post
    Just a mini panic sensation. Dizziness is quite common with anxiety and can come on randomly. Make sure to eat well and stay hydrated as being hungry can cause or intensify this feeling. It happens but it's just a symptom of anxiety that the body loves to surprise us with. Give it as little reaction as you can and accept that anxiety can and often does show up as a floaty, off balance dizzy sensation.

Thanks for the reply pinkyd.

I really am trying at the moment. The anxiety is still crippling but I’ve only just started tacking it. I’ve hit it head on today, grabbed a coffee earlier (decaf) and went for a bite to eat. I still feel absolutely horrendous when I go out, I also suffer agoraphobia, but I’m trying!

Thanks.

Good on yer Allen

Some meds can make yous dizzy if your on anti psychotic or high blood gear

Just accept that you're going to feel panicky for some time. I used to have agoraphobia and the body will send you all kind of strange symptoms to keep you at home. Congrats on trying!

The fact that you're getting out and trying is success. Small steps and patience with yourself are key. Set goals. They can be small and are very helpful to prove to yourself that you are fine and will be okay as you venture out a little each day. Fear speaks so loudly to us, but that's just what we've trained ourselves to do-to listen to fear. Read Claire Weekes book if you haven't . Its approx $7 on Amazon. She really knew and understood anxiety and fear. The book is an easy read and from the 80s and is still the go to for anxiety sufferers. You can't just read it. You have to really read and apply what she says. It takes practice and patience to understand and beat these feelings. The book is an easy, quick read and should be read over and over as you apply what she says. She has several YouTube videos as well. It's all fear that we put ourselves through and we do it constantly. The world isnt that scary. We are scared. Scared of symptoms and the power we give them.

Thanks lebonvin.

It’s hard but I’m trying

Thanks sial72

It’s just really hard. I’ve literally been housebound for months, and once the walls started to close on me in my own home I knew I had to do something.

Thanks Pinkyd.

I purchased Claire Weekes book a while back but am yet to start reading it. I will start reading it over the weekend. It’s just hard but I’m determined to do something about it now as I can’t go on much longer like this.

Definitely read the Claire Weekes books, for me it was the biggest help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information