Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Hey guys having a very bad episode right now

Re: Hey guys having a very bad episode right now

Poor you blue, I think because I didn’t have any conscious panicky yesterday they came out in my subconscious. I dreamt I died with the heart monitor on and they said my heart was abnormal and I was like why would you say that your not professionals and then in the same dream my mum got attacked and I witnessed it and I was stabbed and the person who attacked her and stabbed me their faces looked evil. I fell back to sleep after an hour or so rocking but it was horrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It can happen. Re-living them really won't help, though; best to replace the images with positive real-world ones.

Hi Blue thanks for the advice, it took all day to calm myself and to finally get the images out my mind.
    Received a cryptic message from the hospital saying they will phone me on the 19th about a hepatology appointment seems im falling to pieces, not worried about it as i had alot of tests in the summer on my liver and stuff and everything came back ok. So just wait and see.

Also did you manage to try the stretch i mentioned was it any help?

Not yet; will give it a try first thing tomorrow.

Stay strong, okay?

Will do thanks

Hi guys still going through the motion but managed to come to the museum today and see a couple of friends after cbt this afternoon. I just wondered who here has had holter monitor and how long does it take for results and how quick would they contact me if something serious appeared on it?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixess View Post
    Hi guys still going through the motion but managed to come to the museum today and see a couple of friends after cbt this afternoon. I just wondered who here has had holter monitor and how long does it take for results and how quick would they contact me if something serious appeared on it?
    Thanks

I've had one. At the time I was as worried as you are, but you will quickly realize the fear is worse than the actual holter.

A holter monitor is standard protocol and is usually done in anxiety patients to give them comfort and reassurance to know that there's nothing sinister going on. Your doctors already know it's likely just the anxiety. Mine knew it was anxiety, but I refused to believe him, so he sent me to a cardiologist for an echo, ecg and wore a holter monitor. Everything came back normal. They did mention something about "a bit of extra flappy skin" on one of the valves but said it's no issue, will not cause me problems and will in no way impact my life of the longevity of it. And to date it hasn't.

I used to worry silly over my heart. I get episodes a couple of times of week where my heart rate will spike due to anxiety but they're becoming increasingly rare. I used to have ectopic skipping heart beats a lot. I had them for days, and thousands of them. Went to A&E against the advice of the people here who told me "It's your anxiety and you know it".

I started taking an SSRI and my skipping heartbeats went away. Even during panic attacks I no longer get them.

I mention all of this because it's sometimes hard to believe what anxiety can do to you if you let it. I've pretty much learned to handle my anxiety attacks. I did a post here called "riding the wave". It's also in my podcast (that I've still yet to upload from the weekend, but I'm out of bandwidth for the moment). I'll link you to it when it's uploaded maybe it will be of use to you. Riding the anxiety wave is a great way to kick it's butt and learn to cope. It's something I developed myself that works for me - but I'm probably not the only one with the same idea.

“I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers that can't be questioned.” - Richard Feynman

☪️️

Thank you WiredIncorrectly I'm having issues when i eat i have a spike in my heart rate but settles after 20 mins almost like a panic. I'm proud tonight i managed to take two paracetamol which sounds so small but for saying ive been too scared to take any tablets for weeks its been a huge milestone. I had the holter monitor on monday until tuesday i guess i just wondered how long prior til i hear results, i get fast heart rates every day to the point theyre problematic and its scaring me. I think i just want to know this one after eating is normal and not something else i havent addressed with the doctor.

looking forward to listening to your podcast cheers x

Hi guys had an up and down day, feel in edge don’t want to sleep tonight. Hope your all ok x

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread Information