Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tongue bumps?

Throat infection?

Yes, me again. I'n sure people are fed up of my posts but my issues continue.

I posted recently about swollen glands and a clicky throat.

Anyway the glands have swelled up again. I don't have a sore throat however it is a little painful to swallow sometimes and my throat keeps on clicking when swallowing. Any 'pain' seems to be centred more towards the front of my throat not the back. I've been to the doctors again yesterday. As last week's doctor said he cannot find anything worrying when looking down my throat and in my ears. Felt my glands and said they're a little swollen but nothing to worry about but this is just doing my head in now. I had blood tests last week including full blood count and thyroid checks which came back normal. Has anyone had a viral / throat infection with no proper symptoms before? My glands are swollen on both sides which is a bonus I suppose but they're not really sore, maybe a little achey sometimes. I have a little tickle in my throat occasionally but never amounts to much. My nose isnt really blocked. I should really have confidence in the doctors opinion and blood tests but I just thought this would be gone by now.

Re: Throat infection?

A sore throat, swallow pain and swollen glands ARE symptoms. Of a sore throat.

I dont have a sore throat that's the thing. Not what I would call a sore throat. Its hard to explain but it feels more like a tightness and its centred at the front of the throat. 2 doctors have looked in the last week and cant see any signs of infection. And my throat clicks constantly when I swallow. It's weird.

Swallowing pain is a sore throat.

If Doctors have given you the all clear it's probably time to mentally move on.

I am trying. Just wondered if people have had something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I am trying. Just wondered if people have had something similar.
    Well you are describing very common symptoms of a sore throat, so millions of people probably.

It's your perception of what you should be feeling that's the issue, not the symptoms themselves.

Pretty sure the doctors would have seen evidence of a sore throat if it was that but they didn't and it doesn't feel like any sore throat I've ever had before as well.

Can you not see what you're doing here? Can you not see that you are manifesting a problem that doesn't exist, and creating an anxiety that doesn't need to be there?

The Doctors DID see evidence of a sore throat, but it's so insignificant there's no reason to 'diagnose' or treat it as such. They look for something that's a potential problem, not something that poses no danger and will go away by itself.

You're coming across as completely patronising. Neither doctor saw evidence of infection or otherwise and said as much that they couldn't see 'anything'. Understandably as an anxiety forum I'm anxious about this given my glands are swollen and theres no obvious sign of infection. I'm wondering if anyone else has had this. You're not helping, whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    I went to the doctors and he said there are no red flags and I'm probably coming down with something. My girlfriend and 18 month have both had cough / cold last week and now my throat is starting to feel a little scratchy
    That's what you said in your other post, only a couple of weeks ago.

I'm not being patronising, I'm just not pandering to your need for reassurance, which is not what you really need if you suffer with health anxiety.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information