Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tongue bumps?

Re: Throat infection?

In dealing with swollen lymphnodes on the left side of my neck, a whole chain of them with no obvious cause. I'm not worried, just showing that it does happen.
    You just had a complete blood count and it was normal so there is nothing scary going on. If there was, you would know it esp with where your going with all this... There would be more significant symptoms not just a couple of swollen lymphnodes. The fact that they are present on both sides means its probably some sort of virus causing then to react. They will go down in time. You yourself said the nodes swelled up "again" which means at some point things had gotten better. That right there is proof it's not cancer because once that starts it doesn't get better. If your feeling for them, checking to see if they are bigger or smaller your probably causing them to react even more. Lymphnodes can and do swell if they are poked at. You need to leave them be, allow them to do their job. When they are done they will go back to normal providing you leave them alone. If you keep messing with them you run the risk of one or more becoming shotty (permanently enlarged).

You are fine, everything is okay. You gotta treat the anxiety or this is gonna become a viscous cycle that is hard to break free from.

Re: Throat infection?

Yeah I'm working hard on the anxiety. Saw my chiropractor today due to ongoing neck issues and mentioned the clicking sensation when swallowing and he said it's the Hyoid Bone and said it can get inflamed around that area with infection and if glands are swollen. I find it really difficult not to mess with my glands but they have gone down somewhat however still raised but probably because I keep poking them. Gonna try leave them be for a few days now and hopefully the clicking sensation stops. You're right the blood tests should comfort me. I have another CBT next week too and doing home modules so hopefully I can get through this.

Thank you. Hope you're okay and hope your swelling has subsided.

Tongue bumps?

I've had issues with my throat last 4 weeks. Doctor said it's a viral infection and it is persistent. Anyway I've noticed these red bumps at the back of my tongue and one at the side. They must have been present when the doctor checked as I've had them a week and a half or so but just wondered if anyone had had this with a throat infection? Google says they could be lie bumps? I've just never had them before. I'm sure one of them was bleeding when I brushed my teeth too.

Re: Tongue bumps?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Blood test validity

Does anybody know how long blood tests are valid for? I had bloods done 4 weeks ago and all came back normal. But I've been ill since and dont seem to be able to shake a virus off and I have other concerns such as swollen glands. Obviously health anxiety rockets and start thinking I could have lymphoma etc. The blood test 4 weeks ago surely would have picked this up? I know this will sound stupid but I've been really struggling recently with my HA.

Re: Blood test validity

4 weeks is recent and so yes if there was a problem it would have shown.

Unfortunately if you have a virus it just needs to run its course. Try treating the symptoms and it may help you in feeling a little better until it goes away. If you have swollen lymphnodes it's because of the virus and not lymphoma so dont worry.

Thanks Careful1. It's a weird virus that mainly affects my throat. I've just never been ill for this long before. It coincided with probably my worst ever HA episode 4 weeks ago so I think my immune system is down because of this and why I cant shake it off coupled with my 18 month old boy being ill with coughs and cold. I'm trying with the positive thoughts but its a struggle sometimes.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Painful glands going down?

Okay. Posted on here enough times about my recent worries. Had a persistent throat infection that wasnt budging but today feels like it's gone. Finally. I still have some post nasal drip and my throat clicks when I swallow but doctor said this was a hyoid bone and not to worry.

My question is though are glands painful when going down? They have been raised around my jaw and neck area for a few weeks but today they are hurting - i just wondered if this could be because they're going down? I try not to poke and prod but it is hard but when I have been doing they dont seem to be getting bigger, which is good.

Re: Painful glands going down?

Nope. They swelled up again. Lucky me. Back to panic mode. Really fed up of this now :(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information