Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tongue bumps?

Re: Painful glands going down?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam1987 View Post
    Nope. They swelled up again. Lucky me. Back to panic mode. Really fed up of this now :(
    I am right there with you! I have one under my chin and under my jaw both right side. They’ve been up for 2 months now. They don’t seem to change really, the chin one will get way smaller but the jaw one has stayed the same. The chin one recently swelled up again bigger but I’m not super worried I guess because it does hurt too.

Re: Tongue bumps?

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Terrible isnt it. Have you seen a doctor? I've been battling a weird throat infection for weeks so I should just put it down to that but symptoms are just too weird and the infection seems to have gone now. I dont even know if they're swollen anymore but I have been getting pains like someone sticking a needle in them under my jaw. Then I keep thinking I have groin pain, chest pain and getting itchy. I dont know if it's just my health anxiety running wild. Considering going on anti depressants because i cant do this much longer.

Terrible isnt it. Have you seen a doctor? I've been battling a weird throat infection for weeks so I should just put it down to that but symptoms are just too weird and the infection seems to have gone now. I dont even know if they're swollen anymore but I have been getting pains like someone sticking a needle in them under my jaw. Then I keep thinking I have groin pain, chest pain and getting itchy. I dont know if it's just my health anxiety running wild. Considering going on anti depressants because i cant do this much longer.
    I’m sure it’s just the infection you had. I’ve heard the nodes get take a while to go down after the infection settles. I’ve sadly touched mine every since I noticed them so idk if they’d be gone by now, had I left them alone. I did go to the doctor once ( she said they’re fine) and then I broke down and went to the ER where I begged for an ultrasound, they said my nodes are fine. I however can’t accept that so I have another app... this time with an ENT. Anxiety can cause soooo many weird symptoms especially chest pain! I am also at a point of idk what to do anymore and just can’t take it :( HA sucks!

Yep I'm the same. I feel them every day and pretty sure they've swelled up again today on the left hand side because of that. Its obsessive and I have ran out of ideas to stop it. I've had this virus for weeks which concerns me because I rarely get ill and when I do my immune system is really good. The logical part of me puts this down to stress and lack of sleep. I had a blood test last month which came back fine and doctors have checked my glands and said they're just responding to a virus. Still not enough reassurance for a complete maniac like me though :(

Yep I'm the same. I feel them every day and pretty sure they've swelled up again today on the left hand side because of that. Its obsessive and I have ran out of ideas to stop it. I've had this virus for weeks which concerns me because I rarely get ill and when I do my immune system is really good. The logical part of me puts this down to stress and lack of sleep. I had a blood test last month which came back fine and doctors have checked my glands and said they're just responding to a virus. Still not enough reassurance for a complete maniac like me though :(
    Which lymph nodes are up? The ones right under your jaw closer to your ear? What do they feel like?

I’ve been dealing with sinus issues for a while now. I took antibiotics and it only helped a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Rox2019 View Post
    I am right there with you! I have one under my chin and under my jaw both right side. They’ve been up for 2 months now. They don’t seem to change really, the chin one will get way smaller but the jaw one has stayed the same. The chin one recently swelled up again bigger but I’m not super worried I guess because it does hurt too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rox2019 View Post
    Which lymph nodes are up? The ones right under your jaw closer to your ear? What do they feel like?

I’ve been dealing with sinus issues for a while now. I took antibiotics and it only helped a little.
    Yea those ones. I think they're the usual suspect during virus infection anyway they are naturally the biggest ones but the left one seems to be getting bigger and bigger. The fact that it's been going on for weeks just plays on my mind.

I had blood tests last month that came back normal I should take comfort in that but it's a struggle with HA sometimes. The mind runs wild.

And yes trying not to play with them too much but they're not really hard and they're not stuck to the skin or anything. What about yours?

And yes trying not to play with them too much but they're not really hard and they're not stuck to the skin or anything. What about yours?

the jaw lymph nodes, I can feel the left one, but the right is bigger. It also so seems like a bone pushes it out a little more under it (hard to explain) Anyways its soft feeling and doesnt feel stuck to anything. The chin node is soft but harder than the jaw node. it moves around like a little ball. so for all I know the jaw node is normal and has always been this way, because before the HA over them I never even thought to touch them or knew where they were lol! The chin node is defiantly new and has me the most worried, but again i touch it everyday so idk if it would even go away! It is such an awful cycle. I've had many HA episodes before but none like this. I guess because growing up, I feel like people are taught to believe that any lump or bump is bad! I am really hoping after my ENT appt I can finally put this to rest. I also have a lipoma which 3 DOCTORS have confirmed thats all it is, but my HA mind is having me get it removed

I'm the same I've forgot what normal is now. I used to feel my glands every now and then but no where near as much as now. The left one has gone down again today but honestly dont know if it's now normal size because I've forgot what normal feels like. I know these ones are meant to be bigger though. It's good news that you already have the node under your chin checked out and it was fine. Sometimes we just have to remind ourselves that the good news we've received could have been worse. A lot easier said than done with HA though. I can feel the nodes under my jaw closer to my chin on both sides if thats any help. And the left one is usually a little bigger.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information