Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Abscess down below. Anyone else?

Re: Abscess down below. Anyone else?

I’m still on my period and still stressing about this. I have private medical insurance with the option to email a nurse directly. I’ve just sent a detailed email to them explaining about the growth thing. I know they can’t disgnose me online but I’m hoping she may be able to reassure me it’s not vulva cancer as my brain just keeps saying it is vulva cancer.

The nurse has responded. She said from what I describe it’s

1. Skin tag
    2. Vulval cyst
    3. Genital wart

she said it’s doesn’t really fit the symptoms of vulval cancer!

Shes advised i get it looked at as soon as I can to ease my mind but I also think in case it’s a wart.

If it's a wart, I think they just give you cream for it? Like they do warts on your finger.

I haven’t been intimate with my husband since I found this thing. After speaking to the nurse yesterday I was a lot more relaxed so I was intimate with him. He said afterwards that he can actually feel it himself during foreplay and has felt there for a long time, anything from 2-3 years. As he never saw it as it’s hidden as such he never twigged when I showed him it, that it was what he’s been feeling for ages, but now he’s aware of it he knows it’s the same thing. I don’t know why when he felt it years ago he never said anything?! He said he first noticed it when I started gaining lots of weight, and skin tags increase the more over weight you are. So I’m going to put this to bed now. I don’t think it’s s wart, I think it’s a skin tag that’s been there for quite some time but for some reason my husband never said anything when it first came up. If it was a wart I would have more than one after a few years of being there. So I just need to move on from this now x

I agree. Move on. Whichever it is, you're fine and it's harmless

So another has come up, no idea when but it wasn’t there when I first found the other one. Looks very similar. It’s closer to the vaginal opening where the hair ends basically. I still can’t sse how they are warts if my husband is still admamnt he now realise the other has been there for years.

Ive looked st my vaginal opening and it doesn’t look normal. If I pull myself apart it looks raised on both sides of my vagina opening but much more on the other side and a darker pink than the rest of my vulva. I have those vestibular papillomatosis things in my privates anyway and it looks like on one side where it’s even more raised there are loads more thean the other side, so it looks like a gross bumpy flap of skin.

I just feel so scared!

So instead of sitting around worrying about it, go get checked out by the gyno. No use putting yourself through this!

I agree - go and see the doc and get it checked out

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I’ll phone my gp tomorrow.

Im so tired of this. Neatly 3 years of constantly panicking I’m dying of cancer. I’m having counselling and have been for about 1.5 years. It was working but since my costochondritis diagnoses (or prior with the breast pain I was getting from it) I’m just set back so much. If I’m lucky enough for this to be benign I just know I’ll find something else. It’s all I ever do!

Maybe it's time to add something to your counseling. For a lot of us, counseling alone doesn't cut it. Meds, lifestyle changes like better diet and exercise, yoga, journaling, new hobbies, etc. help a lot of people with their anxiety in combination with counseling.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread Information