Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Abscess down below. Anyone else?

Re: Little bump/spot on privates

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Could it be a Fordyce Spot? If so, they are quite normal. I've had many which started in puberty and increased in number over the years.
    I have heard of them being down below and I have them around my lip edges and one or two will fill with puss regularly. I’ve just never had anything that feels like this down below before. On the picture I took of it enlarged it’s definitely growing out of the skin and not under the surface. It’s kind of skin/beige coloured. I wish I had just got a Drs appointment on Friday to have it looked at. Instead I tried to distract myself and ignore it. Now I’m away from home for a week. X

Oh unicorn, take a deep breath! This tiny little dot is not a tumour!
    A tumour would be hard like coral, discoloured, uneven and jagged in texture. And it would bleed very easily!

And IF (and that’s a big IF) it were the C word (which its not btw), being only 2mm, it would be in such an early stage that it’s ptobsbly even stage 0 (insitu) and 100% curable!

What you have deffo sounds like a fordyce spot. I get them too. They can be as small as 1mm and can be flesh coloured or red/purple/blue.
    I get it though...I freaked out the first time I found one on my labia. I obsessed over it for days, constantly looking at it. Then I told myself to check it once a month, and if it changed in size AT ALL, I’d get it checked. It’s been 3 months now with no change! So I’m finally accepting it for what it is!
    I hope you can find the same peace too!

Little bump/spot on privates

Do u take baths instead of showers? Mine was a blocked gland that the doctor said was common in people who bathe more often than shower or have a history of bathing more often. It sounds alot like what I have and I now know it’s nothing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by whome; 22-10-19 at 00:41. Reason: Autocorrect can totally change the meaning of a paragraph 🤨

Thank you both so much. My anxiety just makes me spiral. It is very small and like I say I can sort of flick it with my nail. Doesn’t hurt unless I scrape it etc. I do take baths a every day, I don’t like showers. Hopefully that’s the cause. I can see several little Fordyce Spots under the surface but this is the only one that’s grown out of the skin like a tiny lesion so much be clogged with oil then? I’ll try and calm myself down and just keep an eye that it doesn’t grow x

I think I neee to get this checked out by the dr. I just can’t stop panicking it’s cancer. I think if it was under the skin i would think it was a cyst but it’s on top of the skin growing out of it. It’s not changed size since I found it and I have no idea how long it’s been. Can’t find anything that looks like it online which is making me panic more. I convinced myself it was a skin tag as it feels similar (although a tiny bit bigger) to the one in my armpit but when upi type in labia skin tag it seems to suggest they grow on the bit of the labia where hair grows. I can’t find anything which states they grow of the pink hairless part of the labia. I’m really scared.

For what it's worth, I honestly don't think you have anything to worry about.

Blueiris I know you said you’ve had these, did yours grow out of the skin? It’s the pretty much the same colour as the rest of the skin I just don’t get why it’s growing out of the skin. It’s so odd I’ve really tried to forget about as it doesn’t hurt at all but my anxiety over it keeps growing. My husband said it looks like a skin tag but I don’t know. I’ve also started to feel a bit sore and itchy on the opposite side of my labia but don’t know if it’s the anxiety causing that.

Mine were definitely zits, sorry, but I do have a skin tag there. It worried me for a bit, but I've had it for well over fifteen years and nothing's ever come of it.

Ok that’s reassuring to know as like I said google just seems to refer to them on bit of the labia with hair. Not the pink bit with no hair. It feels soft actually (I thought it was hard at first) it’s only a few mms and I have to pull the labia high up and to the side to feel it as it sits behind the small labia. So it is buried in folds of skin. I keep trying to be logical but my anxiety keeps saying it’s the start of vulva cancer as it’s more like a lesion than a cyst under the skin

That's where mine is. It's sat there peaceably for well over a decade, and I've never felt the need to have a GP look at it.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information