Thread: Am I being silly?

Am I being silly?

I spent much of this afternoon trying to fix my toilet; the valve wasn't shutting off properly so there was a gentle dribble down into the pan all the time. Not good when you're on a meter. It's stuffed right into the corner of the bathroom, and I spent three hours faffing about only to discover that the valve I bought was unsuitable and that, if I had known, it was actually just a five minute job to actually cure two faults it had!

Trouble is, I have had to spend much of those three hours with my ample belly pressed hard on the toilet trying to reach stuff with spanners... and now I have an unpleasant ache in my lower right abdomen, just enough to make me slightly queasy. I'm actually scared I've done myself some damage; I'm worried that somehow I've perforated my bowel

Is this reasonable to believe?

Re: Am I being silly?

The body is much tougher than that, I would think more along the lines of trapped wind or just ache from being pressed for so long, maybe even muscular from being at awkward positions trying to fix the toilet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

You can't perforate your bowel like that - it would take incredible trauma to do that.

Try challenging these thoughts

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

I'm going to use my boxer analogy again.

They hit each other (repeatedly) with a force exceeding one ton.

It's completely unreasonable to think you've done anything more than irritated the area or twinged a muscle you rarely use.

What do you think? Do you think you have created enough force to perforate an organ? How much pain would be involved in that? Would you be worried about it and on here or would you already be in a ambulance or A&E?

Now think what it could be. Does it feel like aches & pains you have experienced all your life?

Hey, you were kind enough to provide me with a reality check/reassurance when I had a variation of this fear a couple of weeks ago - so I'll reciprocate. No way you've used enough force to perforate anything. plus (forgive me), if your belly is really 'ample' you'll have sufficient padding to absorb any unwonted pressure. ..! You'll be fine. And I hope the trapped wind/pulled muscle or whatever passes quickly.

Thanks for all your support folks, it's greatly appreciated. The pain eased during the day and getting an "early bath" at work was great too - I'm going to bed shortly as I have to be up at 5 o'clock tomorrow.

Sadly, I've moved on to a new fear now - trying to understand why the creatinine levels in my urine are sky-high, but blood levels of it are perfectly normal. I'm going to hope (read: pray) that it's a side-effect of the dapagliflozin I'm on. (Edit: it has actually fallen since 2014. Good or bad? I dunno )

Oh... and the bog's leaking again

Thread Information