Thread: Can ADs make you feel physically unwell or is it just the stress?

Can ADs make you feel physically unwell or is it just the stress?

hi Is it normal to feel physically off colour as well as mentally unwell in the early stages of taking citalopram? I am 6 weeks in, 4 weeks on 20mg and my anxiety has slightly eased but I just don’t feel well - headachy, achy, really fatigued, bit breathless and generally off colour. Has anyone else felt like this? Worried it might be something else going on.

Re: Can ADs make you feel physically unwell or is it just the stress?

The fatigue is the only side effect I've had with citalopram that hasn't really shifted completely. In the early days I definitely had nausea issues, though, plus I spent a couple of days after starting/increasing my dose feeling completely stoned.

Yes I remember the fatigue from last time. It did go away eventually. Also found an email that I wrote last time that said I had all these symptoms then too. In the early months did you get a few hours/days when you felt a bit better and then the anxiety came right back for a bit? Felt a bit better over the weekend but had a crash this afternoon with the waves of anxiety back again - even though I wasn’t thinking any anxious thoughts at the time

Yes, definitely. Crashes still happen, but that's why it's important to use the strategies you learn at therapy. I'm having a few low days myself right now, and this is where the meditation and the thought exercises come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Windywel View Post
    Yes I remember the fatigue from last time. It did go away eventually. Also found an email that I wrote last time that said I had all these symptoms then too. In the early months did you get a few hours/days when you felt a bit better and then the anxiety came right back for a bit? Felt a bit better over the weekend but had a crash this afternoon with the waves of anxiety back again - even though I wasn’t thinking any anxious thoughts at the time
    Yes, that happened to me frequently in the early days - I'd have a few OK days then I would go back to feeling awful again.

Hi Windywel
    i m on day 7 10 mg and feel constantly tired, I had bad insomnia first 3 nights but that is slowly getting better. But feel really groggy through the day. My stomach is still off too.

Thread Information